“Ok stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed July 29, 2011

For the most part the lobby was clearly newly done.Room was clean and modern although bathroom needed a makeover. My husband and I look forward to some uninteruppted tv time when away, However, due to the poor tv picture on some channels this was not possible. My husband absolutely loves HOT baths! His attempt at this during our stay was disappointing due to the lukewarm water. If you do not like air conditioning then it is best to keep it off! Even after turning it down we froze. The only other option was off which left the room very stuffy. Breakfast (not included) was ok. While not a complete wash, I suggest some serious upgrades asap. I just expect a lot more for 180+ a nite...

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 25, 2011

We were deeply concerned with the reviews, but we got this hotel through HotWire and were "locked in". The reviews were perhaps accurate then, but not as much anymore. Our experience was mostly favorable, clean lobby, nice front desk personnel, pleasant housekeeping staff, and overall decent accommodations. They're still finishing up their much-needed renovations, but it will be nice when complete. We got a nice clean room on the 5th floor. Everything was what one would expect from a Holiday Inn. As for negatives, the air conditioning does not work well in the halls, except in the lobby. The housekeeping staff are restricted to a minimum number of towels (2 per room) and toilettries (every other day), but this is a limitation from the management (I think poor management is evident here). Would we stay here again? Yes, the rate was certainly right and the small inconveniences are workable, if you bring your own towels and toilettries. Since we spent very little time in the halls, we could put up with the weak A/C in these public spaces. I would recommend this hotel, only if you are able to get a discounted room rate. My wife and kids enjoyed it, and that's good enough for me.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dangerpre
Reviewed July 18, 2011

All we can say is that this hotel is simply EXCELLENT.
Absolutely clean rooms every day.
EXCELLENT service, friendly and efficient staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ednij
Reviewed June 7, 2011

One generally has an idea of what to expect at a brand hotel, motel, so I was very surprised to find the hallways very warm, and the CAC had not been turned on in the room. We arrived around 10:00PM, and the room did not cool down until around 3:00AM. To make the point, I soaked my washcloth before retiring, and when I went back to the bathroom around 3:00AM, it was bone dry, the bathroom still warm...was not a normal temperature until we left at 7AM.
The night manager took a call from a patron, was very rude on the phone, would not let us review the printout of our bill, which was initially incorrect.
The room was nice, but the entire experience made on worry about what we couldn't see..that was the ambience set.
The lobby was very uninviting, and one could smell the chlorine from the nearby pool in the lobby.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Travelio8
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Staying here for 3 nights was one of the worst experiences ever. Our room was dirty, bathroom was filthy, towels were old and threadbare, the water came out of the shower head with a trickle, hot water was scarce. The noise at night was extreme, and night 1 of our 3 night stay, the police arrived to break up the mayhem. The pool area was neglected and there was mold and dirt everywhere. The fitness room was dated and very limited. And the staff was uninterested and the manager even more uninterested. Many calls to the GM, Mr. Patel, went unanswered. We stayed here in April 2010 for 3 nights and had a very pleasant experience, but this second stay in April 2011 was truly terrible. DO NOT STAY HERE, this hotel will be closed soon if the owners continue with the current management team. I cannot emphasize enough, stay away.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank AmyS-CT
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Summary:
0 stars x 3 different encounters - Customer Service Desk, #fail, read rant below

2 stars - The one cleaning person who said good morning as we walked down the hallway (3.5), but deduction as girlfriend heard staff complaining about their job in front of customers. (-1.5)

2 stars - Renovation, new furniture and sink, but TV was terrible and the bed was uncomfortable

0 stars - Room comfort, bad air-conditioning throughout building

3 stars - Location, next to cool little stream and park, but this isn't worth too much when the service was bad

Thought we got a decent deal when we booked this "newly renovated" Holiday Inn for Memorial Day weekend at the last moment and if things went well we may have stayed another night. It looks nice from the outside, nice little walking trail near a stream. Too bad things went badly...thus the rant below.

The problems started when we got to the front desk. The night desk person was sitting on a stool, barely greeted us and not once looked me in the eye during check-in. He seemed disinterested to the point my girlfriend commented on it. We got our keycards and went up to the 5th floor (5 floors total) and we noticed as soon as we got off the elevator the hallway was very hot due to no air conditioning. Imagine when true summer hits! Unless you are one of those Bikram Yoga peeps that like to sweat while relaxing. ;)

The rooms had new furniture and a new bathroom sink as part of the renovation, though I noticed the faucet was loose and the toilet seat was flimsy. Sadly the TV didn't make the list for updates either. This tiny tube set TV can be picked up Craigslist for free in the DC area. Some of the channels were so disfigured it was comical. #fail

The rooms was 84 degrees when we got in. I went to the air conditioner and cranked the air on and set the temp to 73. An hour later it was still warm and everyone in the room was getting grumpy.

The wifi (free at holiday inn) was not connecting on 3 different devices, including a MacBook pro and ipad, these connect to just about anything.

I called the front desk to ask about the air and wifi. The front desk person said he would send maintenance up for the AC and told me without listening to why the wifi wasn't working the user name and password and got me off the phone. I had no idea if access required WEP, WPA, etc.. Or if it was a login on the browser, which is the case for most places. I tried them all, nothing.

Maintenance came up and checked the AC. His solution turn it down to 65 and tell us that was one of the better AC units in the hotel. Really!? As of 3 hrs later it is just now an ok temp. #fail

The maintenance man called down to the front desk to tell him I was still having problems with the wifi. I could hear the desk person telling him the same info in a frustrated tone to which the maintenance man handed the phone back to me. I tried to explain the issue and what I tried to do on my own and the guy just kept talking over me to come down so he could show me. Terrible customer service as he didn't want to listen, even when I told him I know a great deal about wifi networks.

Once I got off the phone, I told the maintenance guy that the front desk person needs to learn to listen instead of talking over people. The maintenance guy said that they had already moved other guests around to get better access. That told me the access point for the wifi was down in our hall and I decides to go down to the front desk and confront him.

At the elevator I got signal on my laptop and was able to login. Yep, something was wrong with the access point down the hall. As soon as I got down to the front desk the guys started giving me crap about being the only one with the problem. Again, terrible customer service skills! I told him that wasn't true since the maintenance guy said they had moved other people to get better access. I then told him what I thought was wrong. After he finally listened he admitted that I might be right and he would check on it. Of course he never followed up and I'm writing this rant on my iPhone.

...Next morning

The next morning when I check out, the day front desk person only said hello and what room was I checking out and then said I was all set. Another missed opportunity to engage the customer, but then again if she knew how crappy the service was, she didn't want to open the door to my rantings.

#epicfail even for a Holiday Inn! Considering the cost that I ended up paying I would rather put the money spent towards a better hotel chain. So much for Holiday Inn's attempt to attract new customers.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DavidMTP
Reviewed March 15, 2011

I'm not sure why this hotel has some negative reviews because my experiences here have been pretty good so far.

I'm in Salisbury once or twice a month for business which requires me to stay over. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the rooms and the property in general. This hotel is centrally located dowtown and has been recently redone. The prices are also pretty reasonable. It also features an onsite resturaunt and bar which are pretty nice.

I would definitly recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business