“Enchanting”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in St. Michaels
Los Angeles, California
“Enchanting”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I had such a relaxing, restful stay at this beautiful, charming property! The service was top-notch on every level and the hotel was absolutely breathtaking. I would recommend this to any couple looking to get away from it all!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Amazing hotel, friendly staff, awesome food. Ann at the Front Desk was very friendly and Chance was fantastic in the restaurant. Go to the Bar for the meatloaf!!! Fall into St. Michaels package is a great way to celebrate your anniversary! Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: Go for the Master suites, they are the best!
Philadelphia
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a very warm visit to the Inn at Perry Cabin on a very cool Autumn day. The staff was very attentive throughout our 24 hour stay. Our room was clean and quite comfortable, with a lovely view of the water. For dinner we were offered a table near a roaring fire, which gladly accepted. It was a beautiful experience. The meal itself was very good. Service was friendly and delivered at a very nice pace. We enjoyed a leisurely breakfast the next morning which again featured good food and service. The Inn is not cheap, but we feel that we that we certainly got our money's worth.

summit, nj
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Looking for a relaxing getaway, we decided to go to The Inn at Perry Cabin since it has been a few years since we were there and had enjoyed our stays so much. Sadly, however the quality of this property is not what it once was. We stayed in a Master Suite. These are quite expensive, but had always been well appointed and comfortable. Not this time. Our bed was so lumpy, I literally could not sleep. The pillows were cheap and uncomfortable and there were several large stains on the carpet. Dinner, however, was very good and service in the dining room good as well.
Then there was checkout. There was a charge on our bill for flowers, not made or received by us.
We had a prepaid package, but we were charged for the room again and none of the package discounts were applied. Some of these errors were rectified and I am told the room charge error will be taken care of. However, a relaxing getaway this did not make.

Room Tip: The water view rooms are in a beautiful location. However, given our experience, I would ask to see...
3 Thank peghigg
Stephanie M, Manager at Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear peghigg,

Thank you for your posting. While pleased to read that you enjoyed your dinner in Sherwood's Landing, I was disappointed to learn of the issues you encountered with our bedding and the billing problems at check-out.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Hands down, this is one of my favorite long-weekend destinations. I recommend it to friends, family and colleagues regularly. As Baltimore residents, my husband and I try to make it to the Inn at Perry Cabin at least 3-4 times a year. The setting is spectacular, the food is excellent, and the service is top notch. As DINKs and regular travelers, we admittedly (and shamelessly) have very high expectations when traveling. Not once have we ever been disappointed by any aspect of our stay at IAPC.

While there are numerous amenities that we love - from the spa, to kayak tours of the bay, to Sherwood Landing restaurant, to comfy, cozy beds - the pool is probably our favorite part of the hotel. Walled by hydrangeas and other blooming plants, the horizon-edge pool is the perfect setting for tranquility and luxury, and exactly what you need to let the worries of the world melt away. Lounging poolside, noshing on tasty treats and sipping cool beverages from the bar, might be as close to heaven as it gets.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Meizer,

Thank you so very much for your kind words about your visits to The Inn at Perry Cabin. We share your feelings that this is indeed a very special place and are thankful that you continue to select us for your weekend getaways.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

New Jersey
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We visited last weekend and our dog got seriously ill (unrelated to the Inn). We had to leave abruptly to an emergency vet at 5:00 a.m. and gave our room keys to the one nice employee we happened to see in the parking lot when we were leaving in the dark. You would have thought someone from the Inn would have called us to see how our dog was since I had called them at
4:30 a.m. to find an emergency vet. My dog was vomiting blood and I was hysterical. We only stayed at the Inn less than 12 hours! For paying over $800 per night, I expected better customer service. We stayed at the Emerson Resort in New York last year and there is no comparison to their customer service which is top notch. We loved St. Michaels but will stay at another hotel/inn the next time we visit.

4 Thank jodibeth
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 21, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The setting is spectacular, especially when the weather is good. The Inn is rustic, charming and rooms are well appointed. Food was good all around.

Where it fell very short for us was on the service side. Pool staff was useless and rude. I was forced to clean up another guests lunch after we sat down, we had to argue with the bar staff when they over charged us, and in general no one was nice over at the pool. I expected much better from an Orient Express property. Emailed the GM my stories of where they fell short and never heard anything back. We live in DC so it is a short drive, but we will not be going back to spend $500+ a night.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank juelz1111
Stephanie M, General Manager at Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Juelz1111,

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed our beautiful setting along the banks of the Miles River and that you also enjoyed our food.

Obviously I was disappointed about the service you received at our pool and would like to extend my sincere apologies. Service is most important for us and we clearly did not do a good job.

I have reviewed my email since September and I can not find one from you. I would like to apologize personally if I may. Please feel free to call me at 410-745-2200 or email me at smehail@perrycabin.com at your convenience.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Michaels
#4 of 9 in Easton
Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast
Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast
#7 of 13 in St. Michaels

Been to Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond? Share your experiences!