“Terrific Girls' Weekend Get Away!”

Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in St. Michaels
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Terrific Girls' Weekend Get Away!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My two friends and I visited the Inn at Perry Cabin for a Girls' Weekend and we had a wonderful time. We requested a 3rd floor, 1 bedroom suite so we didn't encounter the noise that other reviewers mentioned in other posts. The room was comfortable, spacious and clean. We enjoyed all the amenities in the room from the robes, slippers and homemade cookies that came with the turn down service. Each staff member that we interacted with before, during and after our stay were genuinely friendly and helpful which made our trip that more enjoyable. We ate in the restaurant each morning for breakfast and had no complaints with the service or the food. We also did Afternoon Tea which was a nice treat. As far as the Resort Fee that has been brought up in other posts, it was clearly outlined in the confirmation email that I received from the Inn. I do agree that for the price you pay to stay at the inn it is a bit excessive especially since they charge a daily resort fee and it was probably the only negative part of the stay. Since my friends and I knew about it, we did make sure to take advantage of all the "free" activities - kayaking, s'mores, yoga, champagne reception, use of pool, bikes, etc. and we enjoyed all of them. The Inn schedules plenty of activities so it's not that hard to re-coup the fee if you're looking to stay busy. The town is within a 5 - 10 minute walk of the inn and we were able to walk and ride bikes there. When we signed up for the yoga classes, we were able to take the shuttle to the studio which was nice and we appreciated the shuttle service (Thanks, Mason!). We also visited the spa while we were there and enjoyed our treatments. The Relaxation Room has reclining chairs, fruit, nuts, infused water and tea for you to enjoy before and after your treatment. Our visit to the pool area was relaxing and a staff member was constantly checking on us to make sure we didn't need anything. Our chairs were comfortable, we were provided towels and the staff brought us two umbrellas for our area. I'd definitely return to the inn if I were looking to splurge on another Girls' Weekend trip.

Room Tip: Request a 3rd floor room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Chris S, Director of Operations at Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review. I am so glad you were able to take advantage of the many activities that we offer our guests. From the kayaks and bikes to the fishing and crabbing tours we offer, we try and offer many activities that will bring our guests fond memories of their stay with us.

Thank you again for your great feedback and we hope we offer another fun girls weekend for you!

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Neavitt, MD
Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you plan to visit Saint Michaels, DON"T MISS the Inn at Perry Cabin!!!! Whether you stay here for a week or just come for tea or a quick dinner at the Pub, you'll find it offers the most beautiful setting in Talbot County. The waterfront views are lovely, but it's the gardens that draw me back again and again. A true must-see.

Room Tip: I live in the area so have no reason to sleep there, but have had breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner a...
1 Thank JMWnvt
New Jersey
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed here 17 years ago with my then girlfriend, now wife. It was one of our dreams to pull in here on our own boat, with our two kids. So we lived the dream last week. MAJOR drawback however was there is NO ELECTRIC at the dock! Only the sailboat school had a marine power pedestal. Major disappointment that IPC really has to rectify. My bet is they don't rely at all on boating guests for business, but a hotel like this (everything first rate) simply has to have marine power on their boat docks.

Other than the surprise at the dock, our stay was wonderful. Room, property, cleanliness, all wonderful. Most of the staff were pleasant, but some at front desk, Sherwood Landing restaurant, pool bar, etc, were less friendly and helpful than I've experienced at other apples to apples ($$) resort properties and I've been around. Attitudes were what I would describe as "indifferent" or "standoffish." In contrast, all the bellhops and doormen were fantastic. They greeted us with a smile and you saw in their eyes that they meant it. Also the Maitre d at Sherwood's landing, was superb. Our server was not.

Yes, I would stay here again, which is why I'm providing the feedback for improvement.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jim275
Thank you for your review. I am glad you were able to enjoy most of your stay. I do apologize about the dock power, that is something we will look into for the future.

I would also like to apologize about some of the staff you encountered. Service is our number one priority here and we do extensive training to ensure our guests are well taken care of. I would like to apologize personally if I may. Please feel free to email me at csullivan@perrycabin.com or call me at 410-745-2200 ext 246 at your convenience.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to hear from you soon.

Ft Washington, PA
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I spent three nights here to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. We splurged on a third floor 1 BR suite with water view--think it's probably the nicest room type there, and it was well worth it. The room was very much to my taste -- bright, spacious, with clean, nautical lines and simple colors. The bathroom with an open closet was the smartest concept I've ever seen in a hotel. Unpacking and accessing our clothes was very convenient, and it certainly helped that the bathroom was bigger than some hotel rooms.

Service was very pleasant, especially room service. When we first arrived, there was no bell service, but when I walked in and pointed it out, they were very apologetic and called the bell boy right away, who was again apologetic and very helpful.

We went to St. Michael's to do nothing, so it was perfect for us. We spent one whole day at the pool (very good service yet again) and another day antiquing/shopping, but did not do any other activities. The clientele of the hotel tends towards the geriatric -- not exactly a young and hip place -- but that slow, relaxed pace was exactly what we needed. If you can splurge on a nice room and want to do nothing but unwind, I highly recommend the Inn and Perry Cabin. My husband and I will treasure our time spent there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wellesley88
Plainview, New York, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Just had an outstanding girls weekend away at the Inn at Perry Cabin. It was the perfect setting for relaxing and getting away from our stressful lives. The view from our rooms were spectacular and the accommodations were luxurious. We really enjoyed our dinner at Sherwood's Landing and the daily bike ride into town. The pool was delightful and the lunch menu made it easy not to leave our lounge chairs. The service on property was was wonderful but I have to admit my favorite part of the weekend was our trip to the Spa - received an amazing massage, the perfect way to end a lovely weekend.

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We just returned from a wonderful weekend and loved the Inn. We arrived early and were thrilled to discovery that our room was ready. The room was beautiful as was its patio and garden. We were also very pleased with the variety of activities that were available. When we checked in, we quickly signed up for many of the acitivites including the aerial yoga and s'mores. I highly recommend the aerial yoga. I had never done anything like it and thoroughly enjoyed it. If you like yoga (or even if you don't), bring your yoga clothes and give it a try. We had tea Saturday afternoon and found it to be very relaxing and well done. Overall, the facilities were well maintained and beautiful.

There have been several comments about the staff on this forum. The service was good, but not perfect. The front desk tended to be staffed by people who were quite young. While pleasant, they were not as proactive as they could have been. For example, when I asked to sign up for the aerial yoga, I should have been told it was off site, given driving directions, and given the necessary voucher. This should not have required me to make two more trips to the front desk to ask about these logistics. We were also disappointed that our room had not been turned down prior to our return from dinner. On a more positive note, the man who made sure everyone had everything they needed at the pool on Sunday (sorry that I forgot his name) was wonderful and enhanced the experience.

Overall, it was a wonderful weekend and we hope to return. We would highly recommend the Inn for a weekend getaway. While we were only there for a weekend, we felt like we had gotten away and had a lovely vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank first_replay
Sheffield
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Difficult to find a more delightful location right on the bay. However the enjoyment of our Friday/Saturday stay was spoiled by plain poor management. At check in, I deliberately confirmed that the twin bedded room which we had booked was what we we getting and was assured that it was, 5 minutes later, after viewing our double bed, I was back at reception to be told " oh we don't have twin bedded rooms" why did they accept and confirm our booking and confirm when I asked at check in?? Not a good start, the bathroom basin would not hold water, a delightful maintenance man soon sorted that out, why did their chambermaid not report it ?? No in room coffee or refreshments although there was a very noisy - empty fridge - why? Complimentary coffee and tea was available each morning, but in the main reception, barefoot and unwashed in THEIR reception - not a good idea.
When we went to the restaurant to ask to see the menu, the 'girl' at the desk was so condescending it was almost too much trouble for her to find us one and we felt so uncomfortable that we ate out for the whole stay. Didn't want to put them to too much trouble!
Theo's restaurant in St Michaels was the complete opposite and the staff and food could not have been nicer.
A beautiful place spoiled by some staff so far up their own 'bums' it could only appeal to a certain clientele.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Freemasonsheffield
Chris S, Director of Operations at Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. I sincerely apologize about the misunderstanding about the double beds. We have not had double beds here for over a year and I was very suprised to see that someone told you that we had them. I have forwarded your comments about the room and the restaurant to their respective managers so that we can follow up with these as well.

I would like to apologize personally if I may. Please feel free to call me at 410-745-2200 or email me at csullivan@perrycabin.com at your convenience.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Michaels
Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina
Parsonage Inn
Parsonage Inn
#2 of 13 in St. Michaels

Been to Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond? Share your experiences!