“Beautiful location, comfy bed,”

Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in St. Michaels
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Difficult to find a more delightful location right on the bay. However the enjoyment of our Friday/Saturday stay was spoiled by plain poor management. At check in, I deliberately confirmed that the twin bedded room which we had booked was what we we getting and was assured that it was, 5 minutes later, after viewing our double bed, I was back at reception to be told " oh we don't have twin bedded rooms" why did they accept and confirm our booking and confirm when I asked at check in?? Not a good start, the bathroom basin would not hold water, a delightful maintenance man soon sorted that out, why did their chambermaid not report it ?? No in room coffee or refreshments although there was a very noisy - empty fridge - why? Complimentary coffee and tea was available each morning, but in the main reception, barefoot and unwashed in THEIR reception - not a good idea.
When we went to the restaurant to ask to see the menu, the 'girl' at the desk was so condescending it was almost too much trouble for her to find us one and we felt so uncomfortable that we ate out for the whole stay. Didn't want to put them to too much trouble!
Theo's restaurant in St Michaels was the complete opposite and the staff and food could not have been nicer.
A beautiful place spoiled by some staff so far up their own 'bums' it could only appeal to a certain clientele.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Freemasonsheffield
Chris S, Director of Operations at Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback. I sincerely apologize about the misunderstanding about the double beds. We have not had double beds here for over a year and I was very suprised to see that someone told you that we had them. I have forwarded your comments about the room and the restaurant to their respective managers so that we can follow up with these as well.

I would like to apologize personally if I may. Please feel free to call me at 410-745-2200 or email me at csullivan@perrycabin.com at your convenience.

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,098)

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I just spent 3 nights at The Inn at Perry Cabin. The accommodations were spectacular and the dinner at Sherwood's Landing was among one of the best meals we've ever had.

The overall service/surroundings are delightful. Our only problem was the weather (lots of rain) which prohibited us from enjoying some of the wonderful assets of the hotel such as the pool, gardens, etc. Great excuse for a second visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tammi M
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Had a customer service issue arise (through no fault of the hotel). Received prompt, outstanding service from Wendy Jettmar, the reservations manager--consistent with what would be expected at a high-end property. Hope to book another reservation soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Chris S, Director of Operations at Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have shared them with Wendy and we are all excited that she was able to give you such outstanding service.

Thank you again for recognizing Wendy and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a fantastic vacation over the 4th of July. It was truly relaxing and in a beautiful atmosphere. We had a small catered dinner in a beautiful private dining room overlooking the harbor. Everything was perfection .If you want to venture out, there are plenty of activities, from biking , kayaking , sailing or walking through the gardens of the Inn. The town of St Michaels is charming , with beautiful shops, historical neighborhoods and the choice of many restaurants.
I also highly recommend the spa for an extra treat. We will definitely come back !

Room Tip: Beautiful hotel !
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Chris S, Director of Operations at Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am so glad you had such a good time over the past holiday weekend and that your dinner went well. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We recently had dinner at this beautiful resort. I had a special fresh tomatoe Parmesan dish in puff pastry with basil as my appetizer. The warm rolls were cheddar. There was a special compliments of the chef raspberry stuffed with goat cheese. The entrees were exquisite. My daughter and I had lobster and my husband crab cakes. I also barely had room for dessert which was a chocolate souffle. My cocktail was called a strawberry shard. Excellent. The setting is lovely--right on the water.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen A

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. I have shared your feedback with our Chef and restaurant and they are thrilled that you had such a wonderful time. We all look forward to having you back really soon.

Thank you again!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Beautiful with a touch of luxury. Service in hotel and around pool were superior. Service and food in dining areas mediocre. St. Michael's doesn't offer a lot for those who need to be entertained. If you like to relax, work out, walk, bike and explore then you'll be fine. Spa very nice and accommodating. Perfect romantic get-away or girlfriend retreat! Great place for couples to meet up and charter a boat, enjoy the selection of great restaurants in Easton or Oxford. We'll be back in the fall or next summer!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your review. I compeletly agree, this is a great destination for romantic getaways or retreat with your friends. I do apologize that our service and food were not up to standard. I would like to apologize personally if I may. Please feel free to call me at your convenience at 410-745-2200 or email at csullivan@perrycabin.com.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I booked for two nights in June. The dinner at Sherwood's Landing was excellent, but most of the rest of the experience was surprisingly mixed. Our "upgraded" room had a patio door that was rotted and warped and did not latch properly (when notified of this, the desk clerk attributed it to "the weather"). The air conditioning was relentless, resisting all attempts to adjust it and reducing the room to 67F despite 90F+ temps outdoors. Doors that separated our room from the noisy bar were not closed by the staff at night - we had to do it ourselves if we wanted to sleep. The gardens and views were lovely, but the pool is small and crowded. Overall, the hotel staff were not as attentive as I'd expect at a hotel like this, but there were some exceptions, such as the morning porter who helped my wife load bicycles on our roof rack. Management needs to pay more attention to day to day details.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room and check to see that doors and AC work properly
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fmcm-Bethesda

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time in Sherwood's Landing, but dismayed that you found the rest of your stay less than stellar. I certainly apologize for this and I would like to find out more details if I may. Please contact me at your convenience at 410-745-2200 or email me csullivan@perrycabin.com.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Michaels
Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina
The Old Brick Inn
The Old Brick Inn
#1 of 13 in St. Michaels

Been to Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond? Share your experiences!