“Helpful, friendly staff made this a great experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond

Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in St. Michaels
Western Maryland
“Helpful, friendly staff made this a great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We were in need of a quiet, restful few days after a very busy and stressful month. The Inn provided just the respite we needed! The facility is quiet, clean and nice. Our room was very nice and the bathroom was as big as our sleeping room! The first night we found that the bed was way too hard and the pillows were flat, causing us to have a terrible night's sleep. After my husband talked with the staff the next morning, a foam topper was put on our bed and we got new pillows. This improved the bed immensely and we had no other trouble sleeping.

The staff, to a person, were friendly and helpful. Alex was great at check-in, helping us store our bikes in the bike shed and getting everything to our room. The staff's friendliness helped to make our stay enjoyable.

We ate dinner in Sherwood Landing the first night and breakfast there very day. The choices were varied and good. I actually really liked the grits at breakfast. The wait staff, again, was friendly and helpful. Not only that, we had the same waitress two mornings in a row and she asked how our bike ride had been the day before.

It was an easy stroll from the Inn to the main part of town.

All in all, the rest that we needed!

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the top floor (which is only 3 floors) and it was great! It was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chris S, Director of Operations at Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review. I sincerely apologize about the firmness of the bed, but I am glad we responded quickly to your request and that you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay!

I have shared your comments with our staff and they are thrilled that you had such a great stay.

We hope to see you again soon! If I could be of any further assistance to you in any way, please feel free to call me at 410-745-2200 or email me at csullivan@perrycabin.com

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Inn at Perry Cabin is an upscale resort on the banks of the Chesapeake Bay. The Inn is clean, quiet and generally populated with couples on trending a bit older and well-heeled. Rooms are spacious and well-appointed, if not oddly arranged at times (for example, in our room, you need to squeeze in between the bed and tv stand to cross from the entry to the sitting area). And the facilities offer a range of activities and opportunities to relax from bocce to kayaking and from the spa to clusters of Adirondack chairs and tree swings facing the water.

Two somewhat minor things keep me from giving the Inn a five star rating - the first is the very slow housekeeping service, the second is quality of food/room service. While the rooms and facilities are quiet clean and well-maintained, the general straightening up of rooms lasts well into the afternoon and early evening. There's something quite disappointing about returning to your room at 5 pm after being out since the early morning to find that the bed has still not been made. The room service menu is extensive (and the restaurant is generally good, not amazing, but good), but the staff called three times to make sure they got our breakfast order right, only to deliver the correct food, but to forget to leave silverware, napkins and condiments. A call back rang and rang and rang with no answer for about 10 minutes (we just gave up and trekked down to the dining room to ask for what we were missing - the extreme eye-rolling of the hostess suggested that that was not a welcome move, but then perhaps she should have answered the phone ;-)).

All in all, I would recommend the Inn to those looking for a quiet and relaxing break, but I would urge the staff to up it game just a little bit in order to ensure a perfectly five star experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor with a balcony.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beachgirl722
Thank you very much for your feedback. I apologize about your room no being made up in a timely manner. I have brought this issue up to my Housekeeping Manager. Our normal daytime housekeeping service runs from 8:30am to 4:30pm and we are investigating as to why your room was not done that day. I also apologize about the room service issue that you had. I have shared your feedback with my Food and Beverage Manager as well so that we may correct this problem so it will not happen to someone else.

I would like to apologize personally if I may. Please call me at 410-745-2200 or email me at csullivan@perrycabin.com at your convenience.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to talk to you soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

This is a gorgeous inn with many rooms spread out on the beautifully landscaped property.
Situated on St. Michael's harbor, the lovely water view with sail boats, yachts, etc. make for a restful feel. Food is excellent and especially nice is a choice if a casual pub dinner or a more upscale dinner in the lovely dining room. Rooms are nice but small. We really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed June 2013
Darnestown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

It's not often that my husband and I get a chance to get away for a night without our kids, so when we do, we like to be sure we go somewhere relaxing. We stayed in one of the master suites...amazing luxurious room! It was very clean, tasteful decor, and very comfortable and quiet. Throughout our stay the staff was very helpful and attentive. We had spectacular service at Sherwood's Landing as well as the pool bar. Food was terrific! We sat on the adirondack chairs by the water, walked the beautiful gardens, and rode their bikes. The infinity pool is fabulous as well...the water is a bit cold, but relaxing.
If you love historical charm ( you even get an actual key for your room...not a plastic card) in a quaint town, then you must try Inn at Perry Cabin. We will definitely come back for another visit!

Room Tip: Ask for the Caledonia building....it's very quiet"!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

While the rooms were nice, especially with a view of the water I was disappointed with how loud the place is at night. Our room was down the hall from the bar which was very loud and people in the hall kept yelling. As did the people on the room next door when they went out on the balcony. We went there for a nice relaxing weekend without the kids and got no rest at all. Very disappointing weekend.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Smalfri
Chris S, Director of Operations at Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. I sincerely apologize about the noise issues you had during your stay. We try to encourage our guests to let us know if they have any issues during their stay so that we can address them in a timely manner in order to take care of the problem for them. This is certainly a problem we could have addressed for you while you were staying with us.

I would like to apologize personally if I may. Please feel free to email me at csullivan@perrycabin.com or call me at 410-745-2200.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Spent a four day weekend there - our first trip to the Eastern Shore. Weather was blazing hot, but the breeze off the water kept it mostly comfortable. What I liked: very comfortable bed, absolute silence at night (we had the bi-level suite), extremely well-kept inside and out (plantings were spectacular). What I didn't like: no shelf space in the bathroom, deck chairs need pads, reservations at Sherwoods Landing were hard to get but dining room wasn't even half full at 7:30 on.
Area is a wonderful place to visit. Loved the Maritime Musuem, the Crab Claw (played Whack a Crab), the town of Oxford, the art museum in Easton, the end of Tilghman Isl.

Room Tip: Rooms by the bar aren't very peaceful.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your comments. I am so glad that you were able to sleep so peacefully and enjoyed our grounds. I do apologize about the issues with seating in the restaurant and the shelf space in the bathrooms. I have shared your comments with my restaurant manager and we will work to ensure this is not an issue with our other guests moving forward. I will also work with my Director of Housekeeping and find a resolution with the shelf space in our bi-level suites.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful rooms, clean, comfy and large. (We had a suite though).
Service impeccable.
I recommend, it's price but worth it!
for best simply cooked good Italian try Osteria Alfredo

#4 of 9 in Easton
George Brooks House B&B
George Brooks House B&B
#5 of 13 in St. Michaels

Been to Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond? Share your experiences!