“Romantic Getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in St. Michaels
Odenton, Maryland
“Romantic Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was our 12th visit to the Inn and there has been a considerable "facelift" over the last couple years, including an improved fitness room and beautiful redecorating in the main corridors. The ambience and location make this a perfect getaway, especially because it is ony an hour's drive from Annapolis. We had room service every morning which was delightful and the staff were very professional and prompt; the food was delicious and we enjoyed the morning newspapers as well as daily activities sheet. Dinner at Sherwood's Landing was fabulous and our table overlooking the water was perfect. We also treated ourselves to a relaxing massage at the Linden Spa; it is a wonderful "oasis" and the staff are incredible, especially Sophie, Katie and Joan. Our bellhop, Patrico (not sure of spelling) was extremely professional and helpful and he was able to show us a room that had been recommended on a previous trip. It was hard to believe the view could be better than our favorite, #49 but #80 was even more spacious and the view is marvelous. We love the gas fireplaces, the turn-down service and the delicious treats. A special thanks to Nicole for arranging a beautiful bouquet at my request for a birthday surprise. St. Michael's is a charming town and a great place to unwind after the daily commute to DC. The Inn is truly a jewel among all the properties we have visited both here in the US and in the Caribbean.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor are the best; however, we have not seen the newly redecorated 2 level rooms i...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

We just returned from a weekend here and enjoyed every minute. It's a classic and elegant resort which makes you feel comfortable from the minute you arrive. You can't help but relax. We thought the service was terrific throughout and especially loved Ben who welcomed us upon arrival. The food was excellent and a good value for a resort of this caliber (contrary to another review, we thought breakfast, which is always completely inflated in resorts, was a total steal here). We happened to be there on the March jazz night which was fun. The dining room was buzzy and a good vibe overall. Our room was large and very nicely decorated. The beds and linens are fantastic. Really a wonderful place and we can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: I would suggest you call directly and speak to reservations. Rooms, locations, views differ. I fou...
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Rooms are very nice,but service really bad ; breakfast so expensive for what you get.We waited 30 for a cold cappuccino; and the food was cold too.
Personnel really intrusive!
Place is nice but save money for a better B&B

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Alessia R
Chris S, Director of Operations at Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for your experience with breakfast. We strive to provide the highest quality service to all of our guests and I apologize that we failed with you. I would like to apologize personally if I may. Please feel free to call me at 410-745-2200 ext 246 or email me at csullivan@perrycabin.com at your convenience.

I apologize again for your stay and I hope to speak with you soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We arrived late on Friday night with empty stomachs and a groggy 9 month old. Check- in was a breeze with a brief overview of the inn and a cup of warm and tasty apply cider. The staff recommended we do room service for a good selection of food late. The bellman helped us get settled in our room which already had turn down service with slippers, water, and Miss Gussie's cookies (so delish). Oh and we had the most adorable little crib for our son. He loved it! We ordered crab cakes and fries- they were delivered hot and both were excellent. What was most memorable during a weekend stay was the beauty of the location, our room, and the amazing staff. If I could remember all their names, I would highlight and commend each of you for your exceptional level of service. Iris was our housekeeper and she was very sweet. Janetta was the front desk manager and super helpful. But really everyone there was great at their job. The grounds are great for snapping photos!
The only thing I didn't like was when I witnessed a guest being rude to the front desk person because they were waiting to refill the cider. But in that little test, she smiled and said she would call to see exactly when the fresh cider would be out.

Stay here because you will not be disappointed. It's an experience.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Lauraleu
arlington, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed March 8 and 9 to celebrate my birthday. We were impressed from the moment we arrived with the friendly welcome and an upgrade to a master suite. The room exceeded all our expectations. The bathroom was huge with a two person walk-in shower, double sinks and a large, deep soaking tub. We each had 2 spa appointments that were divine. Just sitting in the reclining chairs in the relaxation room with heated neck and shoulder warmers was a treat. We had a wonderful meal in the Inn's restaurant, with impeccable service and two delightful breakfasts. I particularly loved the "green eggs and ham" riff on Eggs Benedict. In addition to strolling through St. Michael's, we borrowed bikes from the Inn and grabbed a picnic lunch at Big Al's and biked along a paved scenic path. What a wonderful, self-indulgent weekend! I highly recommend the Inn at Perry Cabin.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris S, Director of Operations at Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our Chef was very pleased to hear about your experience in Sherwood's Landing and was very happy to hear you liked his "Green Eggs and Ham". I am also happy to hear you had such a great experience in our Spa as well. I think the relaxation lounge is a perfect way to end our treatments. I am also glad you were able to enjoy this great weather last week and do a real picnic! That sounded like a great afternoon!

I hope to see you again soon at The Inn at Perry Cabin!

Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

We are repeats. We love the Inn at Perry Cabin and return each year. The staff have always treated us well. We go off season, as it is less costly. This is the sort of place one can enjoy in any weather, as it is so charming within. There is a lovely spa, however we did not use it this time. The food is excellent. Beautiful view of the water.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind review on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate your business and we love to take care of our repeat guests. Please feel free to reach out to me on your next visit and I would more than happy to take care of your reservations personally. Please feel free to call me at 410-745-2200 or email me at csullivan@perrycabin.com.

Thank you again for your kind words.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Just recently returned from a one night stay here on a business trip. I found the hotel to be top notch in all areas.

I stayed in a two story suite with an incredible view of the Chesapeake. From the minute I arrived they demonstrated excellent customer service.

One of the things that stood out for me were the baked goods (the cheese muffins/bread were AMAZING) and we were informed the were baked in house. The apples in the room and hallways were also delicious.

The turn down service was tops! It included bedtime cookies, slippers, a make-up remover towel at the sink, the tv turned on, and a little white towel laid out by the sink for your bedtimes toiletries.

I had excellent sleep, as the bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in.

The decor of the hotel is adorable. They have great vintage pieces throughout the facility and their walls look freshly painted. The wallpaper in some areas is fitting.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to get away and experience first class luxury away from the hustle bustle of it all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DCChiq
Chris S, Director of Operations at Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you so much for you kind review. You appeared to have stayed in one of our Bi-Level Suites, which do have outstanding views of the Miles River and Chesapeake Bay. I am glad you were able to enjoy Ms. Gussie's bread and cookies. She has been with us for a very long time and takes great pride in her work.

If you get a chance to come back and enjoy us for a vacation, please feel free to reach out to me so that I can take care of your reservation personally. Please feel free to email me at csullivan@perrycabin.com or call me at 410-745-2200 ext 246.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Michaels
#4 of 9 in Easton
George Brooks House B&B
George Brooks House B&B
#5 of 13 in St. Michaels

Been to Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond? Share your experiences!