“Improvement since last year”

Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in St. Michaels
Great Falls, Virginia
“Improvement since last year”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Property overall was in better shape. Breakfast was a 1,000 % improved from last year - food was good, interesting and hot. Breakfast servers were also better quality. Bar service much better and free bar munchie snacks - yeah! All of the things I had issues with at last year's visit have been fixed completely or greatly improved.

Room Tip: We've only stayed in the Master Suite version of their rooms - and they are terrific. Room 70 w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris S, Director of Operations at Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review. We have been retraining and retooling our staff over the last year and I am very pleased to hear that you have noticed the difference. Our new Executive Chef, Daniel Pochron, has completely redone our menus and has been working diligently with his staff to deliver a high quality product.

Please feel free to call me at 410-745-2200 or email me at csullivan@perrycabin.com if there is anything I can do for you or assist you in future stays with us.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Lincoln, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Normally we would not be able to afford to stay here, but we received a two-night package as a gift. The service was just impeccable but not snooty at all, with very friendly wait staff. Everyone seemed to be at our beck and call. The rooms are gorgeous, and so is the view. It's easy to walk into town.

New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

AS I walked in ,I was very pleased with the ambiance of the inn. I was a little disappointed when I was checking and they were not familiar with the package my reservation came with. Our room was charming and a bit tight. the furniture took a lot of space. We spent our afternoon walking the ground which are impressive.
We had a very nice dinner and the service was very good, the food was very pleasing. The resort was extremely quiet. We were there in August and it was a surprise to us for this time of the year, even as we drove thought St. Michaels on our way in, we observed that the town was rather empty. After dinner we went to the bar for an after dinner drink and then off to bed.
In the morning we sat down to breakfast and enjoyed a nice presented country breakfast.
Overall I would say that the inn is wonderful. A great place to read and enjoy enjoy the beautiful scenery. the service was good but not five star.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chris S, Director of Operations at Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our grounds and ambiance. I apologize that my Front Desk Agent was not fully familiiar with the package you were on. Here at The Inn at Perry Cabin, service and product are of paramount importance to us. We want every guest that leaves here completely satisfied and fulfilled. I apologize that our service during your stay did not match that standard.

I would like to apologize to you personally if I may. Please feel free to call me at 410-745-2200 or email me at csullivan@perrycabin.com at your convenience.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back soon.

West Chester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is a fantastic place. Beautiful property, highly trained professional staff, quiet & cozy rooms. The Inn is upscale all the way. A guest is treated like the lord of the manor by every member of the staff. Can't wait to return.

The 2 small items missing: coffee maker in the room and a hair blower. I'm a grouch in the morning until I've had my coffee. At the Inn I had to get dressed, go to the lobby, get 2 cups of coffee and bring them back to the room. Of course, every staff member greeted me with a cheery "good morning" and I could only grunt back. Coffee was good, so it was worth the walk of shame.

When a place is this good and this well-run, you notice very small problems. These were the only 2 I noticed.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be quiet. Some of the premium room are worth the price.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am glad you enjoyed our staff and your stay. I apologize about not having coffee in the room. We are looking into this for our guests as a future amenity, so please be patient with us! I also apologize about the hairdryer. We do have hair dryers in all of our rooms. We place them in a hair dryer bag and hang them in the closets to preserve counter space for our bathrooms. I will follow up with my Front Desk Manager to ensure we are informing guests of this at check in so that this should clear up any confusion in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope I can welome you back to the Inn very soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Have been here several times over the past few years, including a visit just after getting engaged. (My husband ordered a huge bouquet of roses for our arrival, and they were stunning, with sprigs of rosemary fresh from the garden in them - I still remember the amazing smell!) We love the Inn at Perry Cabin. It has the perfect balance of elegance and luxury with comfort and warmth. The staff is welcoming and unpretentious, and you feel immediately at home at the property, whether lounging in the pool, exploring the garden, or kicking back in a chair overlooking the river. The restaurant is excellent and breakfast on the outdoor patio in warmer months is a treat. You can walk or take a brief drive into 'downtown' Saint Michaels for a day of shopping and dining on the shore. It is the perfect location for a quick getaway from the hectic realities of life in the tri state area. Also - a good portion of the movie Wedding Crashers was shot at the hotel, so watch before visiting!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Chris S, Director of Operations at Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. Congratulations on your engagement! We appreciate all of our repeat guests and I hope we can be your destination of choice for your honeymoon and all of your anniversaries!

If there is anything I can do for any of your future stays, please feel free to call me at 410-745-2200 ext 246 or email me at csullivan@perrycabin.com.

Thank you again for your great feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Newmarket
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Afternoon tea, wonderful. Breakfast, amazing. Spa, nothing special. Room and view, awesome. We went during the off season, but still enjoyed the quiet getaway. Perfect for a laid back weekend. Definitely a couples retreat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Chris S, Director of Operations at Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind feedback. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize that the Spa did not exceed your expecations, but I am happy that it appears the rest of your stay did meet, if not exceed your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to me when you decide to return so that I may personally take care of your reservations to ensure another flawless stay. My phone number is 410-745-2200 ext 246 or you may email me at csullivan@perrycabin.com.

Thank you again for your wonderful comments and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I came here in December to celebrate his birthday. We had high hopes based on the pictures/reviews online and were just blown away by this hotel. We were in the room directly next to the restaurant, had a great patio and could walk right out to the dock. The room itself was gorgeous and the bed was awesome. We brought a bottle of wine outside and enjoyed drinking it right on the water.

The town of St. Michaels is very charming. We walked into town from the hotel and did some shopping, eating and drinking. We had some great crab at the Town Dock and then did a beer tasting at the brewery which was a lot of fun. We went back into town for dinner at Talbot which I highly recommend.

We are looking forward to coming back in the spring!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
#4 of 9 in Easton
Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast
Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast
#8 of 13 in St. Michaels

Been to Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond? Share your experiences!