“Off season visit” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in St. Michaels
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Off season visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

This sprawling hotel has beautiful grounds and gardens. There is a wide variety of room configurations so look at a couple before you commit. I personally like to be near lobby and common rooms. I recommend # 36. The pub offers $5 wine by the glass and tapas at 6:00. This is a good deal considering dining room prices.
The food and employees are all top of the line.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chris S, Director of Operations at Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review. Room 36 is a one bedroom suite and is also one of my favorite rooms. I am glad you were able to enjoy our beautiful gardens and hope you can come back in the spring when all our plants go into full bloom.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
boston, ma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have never been to Maryland's Eastern Shore, so we planned a visit on the way to Washington, D.C. A friend recommended The Inn at Perry Cabin and, as soon as I saw the online site, I was sold. It looked more like a gracious estate on the water than a hotel and that's exactly how we found it. We were pampered guests in a lovely setting. The arbored entrance to the reception area was elegant and charming, even late in the season, and we were shown to arm chairs for a relaxing check in. Our room was beautiful, with overstuffed furniture (lovely fabrics, curtains and needlepoint pillows), incredible water views and a welcoming fire in the fireplace! The rooms have French doors to the grounds and numerous, sheltered seating areas throughout the wings of the buildings and grounds. Service was impeccable and ever-present. We really enjoyed our friendly and attentive breakfast waiter in the exquisite dining room, where the menu was extensive and delicious. Loved the cozy bar with its huge fireplace and warm ambience and service. We walked the grounds and incredible gardens, visited the fascinating Maritime Museum and walked to the charming town of St. Michaels. In short, a perfect, relaxing get-away. We will return. As a P.S., flat screen TV's are coming soon but (as a previous reviewer noted), we were not there to watch TV!

Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

My wife and I stopped on the way to a business meeting in Baltimore. I had heard about the Inn but had never stayed there. What a pleasure. The location is beautiful and the grounds are spectacular, even in an off month weatherwise. Their "garden manager" has apparently been there many years and she does wonders. The staff was friendly and welcoming, making us feel like we had been there several times before. The wait staff, room attendants and others were cordial and extremely professional. The dining was top notch ... excellent menus well prepared and nicely served. It has a good location, near to the Chesapeake Maritime Museum and a short walk to the charming and historic town of St. Michaels. All in all a wonderful visit and we plan to return.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

my husband i took a side trip from baltimore to the inn at perrys cabin and had the most wonderful time. The hotel was as beautiful as the pictures. Our room was lovely, with a waterview and balcony with rocking chairs for reading. The staff was amazing. We always had a great meal at Sherwoods Landing and the afternoon tea was spectacular overlooking the water and the waiter using a special saber to open the champagne. The staff also booked us for a private boat tour with Captain Don and the "Let It Ride" boat. We also had a private sunset tour
on the 1926 Catboat the Selina II with Captain Iris. The Inn is in the perfect location for walking into town to the museums and winery. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: anything with a waterview if possible. Even without, you will have a perfect trip. The inn is just...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so glad you were able to take the cruies while they were in-season as well as enjoy our Afternoon Tea. I think the sabre opening of the champagne is always a wonderful treat! While we are well within walking distance of everything in St. Michael, we also have a shuttle available in case it is too hot or too cold out.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Chris Sullivan
Director of Operations
The Inn at Perry Cabin
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at the Inn. What a lovely experience! The Inn is tastefully decorated with sophisticated charm and nice gardens. It's a great place to get away and relax. We ate breakfast at Sherwood's Landing which was just OK. The food was good but the service was mediocre. On Sunday in particular the servers seemed overwhelmed. It's still worth eating there for the views and nice ambience, but that was a disappointment. Overall, however, we highly recommend the Inn at Perry Cabin.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chris S, Director of Operations at Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write this review and give us feedback. I apologize that our service did not meet your expecations in regards to breakfast. I am glad you enjoyed the food, but I am dissappointed that the service was not up to par. I would love to talk to you more about your experience and personally apologize. Please feel free to contact me at 410745-2200 or email me at csullivan@perrycabin.com

Chris Sullivan
Director of Operations
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I wanted to take my wife to the Chesapeake area and this seemed like the best hotel to stay at so I booked a room for a weekend after doing 0 research. After booking I started reading up on the hotel on trip advisor and other websites and just read endless scathing reviews of this hotel that made me rethink my decision to come here but I stayed the course and my wife and I loved it. Through AMEX platinum we were able to get a room upgrade to a master waterview suite in the Caledonia building which is the southernmost building and thus closest to town (and farthest from the main hotel but less then a 5 min walk at a leisurely pace).

The room: The room was one of my favorite rooms I've stayed in. The furniture was not forced and was all antique. There wasn't a brand new flat screen TV like most hotels have but I'm not away to watch TV so didn't bother me at all but I'm sure that would annoy some people. I had dinner at the hotel restaurant one night, which was just so/so.

The food: The food was fine and the service was very good but it was just a typical menu without much creativity to it. The restaurant was a rock star with breakfast though. They had a BLT with fresh eggs that was amazing!

The Activities: My wife and I would kayak in the mornings in the harbor which was a great way to start our day. We also played bocce ball on the bocce ball court that is right next to a beautiful and fragrent herb garden. They also had available a croquet set but we weren't that ambitious. There is also a pool and a gym that we did not go to.

I would definitely come back here and I have recommended this place to a good number of friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

There is something so relaxing about crossing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and setting foot on the Eastern Shore especially with a visit to the Inn at Perry Cabin at the end. This is our third visit and not out last. The inn is lovely, classy but in a casual sort of way. Comfortable. The rooms are inviting, the views are interesting and the service is welcoming.

We love walking the back streets of St. Michael's and would have enjoyed a bike ride in warmer weather. Next time...the spa awaits me.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Michaels
#4 of 9 in Easton
George Brooks House B&B
George Brooks House B&B
#5 of 13 in St. Michaels

Been to Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond? Share your experiences!