“I am glad I stayed here” 3 of 5 bubbles

St. Michaels Harbour Inn Marina & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in St. Michaels
GreenLeadersBronze level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“I am glad I stayed here”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2010

After a three day conference in Arlington, VA my husband and I stopped over in St. Michaels for some quality time. A friend of mine kept telling me about St. Michaels and I am glad we went...charming place.

Let me say this, the Harbour Inn was not my first choice. I was very skeptical of the hotel because it has like 11 terrible reviews, so usually that's a red flag. However, there is not a lot of hotels/inns in downtown St. Michaels so you don't have that much to choose from. There are plenty of Bed and Breakfasts but I wasn't really in the mood for a BnB.

So what we did once we got to St. Michaels is drive around to all the hotels and see what deals they had available. So we didn't make any reservations ahead of time; this was truly a spur of the moment thing.

What we did find out is that the "Inn at Perry Cabin" is the best hotel is St. Michaels, however it very expensive (too expensive for the area) and we were only staying for one night and I didn't want pay $295 a night.

I didn't like the way Harbourtowne Golf Resort looked from the outside and the Best Western is not in the main town of St Michael's.

So last stop was the Harbour Inn. The location is excellent. Right in the heart of town. Walking distance to everything. The outside and lobby of the hotel is well maintained. So before I booked our stay there I asked to look at the room first. I opened a door to a roomy, clean, spacious king size suite that had a kitchen and fabulous waterfront view with a balcony. You can tell its an older hotel but they try to maintain the room the best they can. This was a no brainer, I booked the room.

They have complimentary bicycles if you want to ride into town, one free movie to order and other deals like free parking. There is no Internet in the room but you can use the computer in the lobby. Staff was super nice and friendly.

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here and would stay again. But it was a gamble because the bad review did scare me, but it could be the fact that we went during the off-season and didn't encounter the same negative issues....thank goodness.

1 Thank MsLibrarian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
northern va
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2010

I wrote the original "Lower your Expectations . . .". I can not begin to
express how much I appreciate how Robert Pascal reached out and wanted to
"redeem" my friend and my previous stay.

I got an email and a personal phone call. I and my friend, were offered an
anytime overnight stay that would be complimentary.

I just happened to have Good Friday off (and it was good!). With very little
notice, Robert Pascal and staff managed to get us a room on a busy Easter
weekend. Long story short, we ended up in the Admiral Suite (no he was not
there - darn). Amazing room with huge windows and doors out to an extended
balcony.

When we arrived, we were greeted and helped with luggage. The room, the
view, the sounds and smells from the harbour and the comfort factor was a 5.
Still would like a coffee maker but hey, I was singing I was so happy. We
even had a Momma Duck nesting in a flower pot. She was a lesson in the
amazing powers of mother nature.

After getting settled in to our too good to be true suite, we ventured to
the pool area (although pool not open yet) had tables, chairs and lounge
chairs.

If you have not tried the "Pascal" and you enjoy a refreshing special drink
- you are in for a treat. One lead to two which lead to laughter and then a
wonderful nap in our room. Breeze, smells, chimes and water (along with the
"Pascal") created the best nap ever.

Had some room service Calamari on the balcony after waking up hungry.
Crispy, fresh and delicious. Enjoyed on the balcony which could use a table
to sit your goodies on.

Dinner was sooo good. I won't eat Salmon unless it is moist and tender. It
was! The bread, again, awesome. My friend had a grilled cheese (go figure)
with bean soup. She also ordered the wilted spinach salad. She did share
some with me and it was
well dressed ( not too dressy but quite tasteful and unique, kind of like -
well you figure it out).

Desserts another story. They were delivered to our room and if you can get
the Chocolate something a rather martini - you should.

The next day, was again beautiful and we could not ask for more.

I now recommend you give Robert Pascal and his amazing establishment a
chance to really care for you - you can book online directly with the Harbour Inn
or you can book through Travelocity, Expedia . . .

I'm not writing this because my friend and I got a complimentary stay. I am
writing this, because Robert Pascal really cared whether we were happy or
not. I have not experienced this before. The words are there many times but,
the sincerity - well, actions speak louder than words.

I know this review is long BUT - I felt that you would not get the true feel
for an amazing adventure that was totally ABOVE AND BEYOND.

I hope you get the opportunity to experience the Harbour Inn.
You can do a weekend - or special package, for a reasonable rate if you do
your homework.

THANK YOU TO ROBERT PASCAL and his elf's.

Go to Previous message | Go to Next message | Back to Messages
ASCII (ASCII)Greek (ISO-8859-7)Greek (Windows-1253)Latin-10 (ISO-8859-16)Latin-3 (ISO-8859-3)Latin-6 (ISO-8859-10)Latin-7 (ISO-8859-13)Latin-8 (ISO-8859-14)Latin-9 (ISO-8859-15)W. European (850)W. European (CP858)W. European (HPROMAN8)W. European (MACROMAN8)W. European (Windows-1252)Armenia (ARMSCII-8)Baltic Rim (ISO-8859-4)Baltic Rim (WINDOWS-1257)Cyrillic (866)Cyrillic (ISO-8859-5)Cyrillic (KOI8-R)Cyrillic (KOI8-RU)Cyrillic (KOI8-T)Cyrillic (KOI8-U)Cyrillic (WINDOWS-1251)Latin-2 (852)Latin-2 (ISO-8859-2)Latin-2 (WINDOWS-1250)Turkish (ISO-8859-9)Turkish (WINDOWS-1254)Arabic (ISO-8859-6, ASMO-708)Arabic (WINDOWS-1256)Hebrew (856)Hebrew (862)Hebrew (WINDOWS-1255)Chinese Simplified (GB-2312-80)Chinese Simplified (GB18030)Chinese Simplified (HZ-GB-2312)Chinese Simplified (ISO-2022-CN)Chinese Simplified (WINDOWS-936)Chinese Trad.-Hong Kong (BIG5-HKSCS)Chinese Traditional (BIG5)Chinese Traditional (EUC-TW)Japanese (SHIFT_JIS)Japanese (EUC-JP)Japanese (ISO-2022-JP)Korean (ISO-2022-KR)Korean (EUC-KR)Thai (TIS-620-2533)Thai (WINDOWS-874)Vietnamese (TCVN-5712)Vietnamese (VISCII)Vietnamese (WINDOWS-1258)Unicode (UTF-7)Unicode (UTF-8)Unicode (UTF-16)Unicode (UTF-32)
| Full Headers
Reply Reply All Forward Forward

Mail Search
WelcomeInboxNewFoldersMail Options

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2010

My husband and I were on a road trip through Maryland and we heard from a bartender in Annapolis that St. Michaels was a great little town...she was so right!! On our way there we used our handy dandy iphone to look up places to stay and were excited about a couple of Inn's or Bed and Breakfasts that we saw. We took a tour of those places and were not impressed...then we went to St. Michael's Harbour Inn, Marina and Spa and got a great deal on a room...and so much more!! We thought it was going to be an average hotel room but WOW were we surprised!! The room that was just over $100 was a suite with a huge living room and a totally separate bedroom - both rooms were beautiful, both with a TV. Then there was the outside...a huge porch off our room just for us! It had two chairs & a table and two lounge chairs overlooking the harbor! It was gorgeous! I spent some good quality reading time on that deck!

The place has a shuttle that takes you to and from the town but if you are a leisurely walker, there is no need for the shuttle, the town is right there. We did take the shuttle to the Crab Claw and much to our surprise, the shuttle driver was the general manager. Nicest guy ever!! We checked into another room the next day and was, again, blown away by the room! This time we had a jacuzzi in the room, still a suite and a king bed!

The Inn also has plenty of bikes that you can check out for the day at no extra cost!! We took out two bikes and took a tour of the area...the houses were amazing, the bikes were in good condition...it was really a fun, romantic afternoon on the bikes.

My husband got a massage our last day there. He absolutely loved it! I used the exercise room which was small but had just what you needed including a TV. The staff was so friendly and was there to make sure that your stay there was nothing short of perfection, the location is PERFECT (right down the street from a local winery and brewery) and the Inn is absolutely amazing...there is a pool too but we were just a little too early for the opening of the pool. However, I sat by the pool which is right on the edge of the marina and watching the boats come in and out was a real treat! I would highly recommend this to everyone! In fact, I told my husband that if he is looking for an anniversary idea...a getaway to St. Michaels Harbour Inn, Marina and Spa is the way to go!!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2010

We spent the past weekend in St. Michaels just to get away and relax. The rooms here are definately in need of updating but they are certainly not horrible. If you are accustomed to staying in nicer hotel chains (like Hiltons) that have the means to constantly update their furnishing and amenities, then this is not the place for you. Dated furniture, carpet and tv's don't bother me as long as things are clean. For the most part, our room was clean and in order. It did not have a refrigerator but the front desk kindly sent up a mini-frig within 15 minutes of our arrival. My only complaint was that the refrigerator was not wiped out before giving it to us. It wasn't a big deal because we only put sodas and wine in there, but I just think it should have been wiped out. The room had an awesome view of the harbor and Miles River. What a way to wake up with the water right outside your door. We enjoyed having the separate living room and jacuzzi tub. Plenty of nice quality towels were in the room. The balcony flower pots had dead flowers in them and the balcony furniture was plastic and dirty. But again not that big of a deal. Had we stayed at the Inn at Perry Cabin (where I have stayed before..to the tune of $750/night for a lesser waterfront view) I would not have put up with the things we did here. Overall, it was a nice experience and would stay there again, simply because of the view from your room. One other minor thing that I would mention is that the hotel staff could use a brush up on hospitality. We specifically got the smoking room because we are both smokers. When asked if we could have an ashtray, we were told by the young man at the desk "Umm...a cup with some ice and water in it?". Who says that to a guest? I ended up finding an ashtray in the desk drawer, so it was fine. All in all, a pleasant stay. Surely there are more luxurious rooms available in St. Michael's, but aside from the Inn at Perry Cabin, not so sure you could find one with a better view of the water than this hotel.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KrisCox
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2010

Our recent trip to St. Michaels was quite enjoyable. We stayed at the St. Michaels Inn, Marina and Spa. Upon arrival we were welcomed by the front desk staff who were very friendly and made us feel right at home.

We were very pleased with our spacious room that included a garden whirlpool tub in the bedroom. The layout of the room was not your typical hotel room. The bed was placed in the center of the room allowing you the view of the harbor. This was an added bonus in the morning as the waters were so calm and peaceful.

The entertainment was great and the food in the upstairs restaurant was even better. We even enjoyed a game of Scrabble (provided by the front desk) in the bar as we rang in the New Year since ther were two pregnant women in the group.

We will definitely make another trip back to St Michael Harbour Inn. It will be by boat in the summer. Looking forward to the outdoor bar!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2010

We went to St. Michael's for a weekend getaway and stayed at the Harbor Inn. We were in room 208 (a waterfront jacuzzi suite) with a lovely view of the docks and historic district Since it was before high season, there were only a few boats slowly coming and going and, most of the time, there were more mallard ducks swimming by than we saw boats.

The suite was very large, clean and comfortable. Two doors (one from the bedroom, one from the living room) led to a balcony that comfortably sat two people with a drink table between us. The bathroom had a jacuzzi tub, a walk-in shower, his/her sinks and was bigger than some master bathrooms for houses. The jacuzzi tub worked like a charm, the water was hot and the jets were powerful. We had a king-size bed with plenty of room surrounding the bed -- it is not a cramped bedroom. Sofa, desk, bar sink and refrigerator were also in the main area of the suite.

We had breakfast through room service (try the french toast). Within 20-25 minutes it arrived hot and displayed very nicely. Complimentary coffee and tea could be found in the hotel lobby if we wanted a little something to wake us up before ordering breakfast.

We walked to town in about eight minutes. There are complimentary bikes available through the front desk. Improvements? Only one and it isn't a deal breaker. A coffee maker in the room would be really nice. Otherwise, I would certainly stay at this hotel again without any qualms whatsoever. Keep up the good job!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2009

My husband and I live in Washington, DC and we wanted to get away for the weekend without spending hours on the road. We were somewhat familiar with the hotel as we had previously stayed there (3) years ago. Our room was most comfortable and clean. We enjoyed shopping and strolling through the downtown streets. A helpful receptionist encouraged us to try the restaurant there as the menu had recently been revised due to a new chef. I am glad she suggested it as the dinner was exceptionally good. The crab cakes are unbeatable!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
#2 of 13 in St. Michaels
Tidewater Inn
Tidewater Inn
#4 of 9 in Easton

Been to St. Michaels Harbour Inn Marina & Spa? Share your experiences!