See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 19, 2007

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding at Harbourtowne, so I (along with almost all of the other 85 wedding guests) stayed here for 2 nights. The setting for the wedding was absolutely beautiful - a grassy lawn and a big deck overlooking the water.

I would never spend $200+ on a hotel room but it was so much easier to stay here than anywhere else, since the wedding was right there. There is a huge difference between the renovated and non-renovated rooms. I was lucky and got assigned a renovated room that opened onto the grass that overlooked the water. It was okay - fairly spacious, but nothing special. Linoleum (not tile) floors, lumpy beds, a very loud a/c unit. Some of the guests were assigned to the non-renovated rooms and they weren't so lucky - the one I saw reeked of mildew. All the rooms open to exterior corridors. We got ready for the wedding in the bride's suite which was nice. It had a huge deck overlooking the water.

The complimentary breakfast was just okay. It was a buffet of cereal, bread, sausage, eggs, and fruit. The food they served at the wedding, though, was awesome.

Service was also just okay. The folks at the front desk seemed annoyed whenever we saw them, but everyone else seemed pretty friendly. They charged us for a cot I had requested but then canceled (and never received), but removed the charge when I pointed it out at check-out.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay b/c I was with my friends ... but I wouldn't choose to come back here again. Although the price seems to be in line with others in the area, it's a splurge for me - and this place just wasn't special enough.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank elizardbethday
Reviewed August 19, 2007

Just returned from a family summer vacation. We loved Harbourtowne. The setting was absolutely gorgeous - loved the view from our patio. Harbourtowne was great for the kids - a great pool, bike riding in this private community, and a lovely golf course. This community was so peaceful and very relaxing. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms could use a little updating, but we felt very comfortable. Entire family agrees that we will definitely return to Harbourtowne. Thank you for a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2007

I stayed at the Harbourtowne in connection with work. Although the setting is nice, on the water and with a golf course, the room was like an aging motel room at best .

The beds were uncomfortable, sheets stiff and polyesterish and the carpet stained and old. The bathroom/shower was old and dated, and the fixtures like those at an old motel by the freeway in the middle of nowhere.

I would not stay here again. On the plus side, there is a computer in the business center with free internet and printer. The front desk guy was unpleasant and surly when we checked in, but the next morning, a different guy was very nice.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank MSeneca
Reviewed July 1, 2007

Very nice property, great location and setting, right on the water, great deck for breakfast and cocktails on the water. Physical condition good, not great, amenities good, not great. Good pool but no Jacuzzi and inconvenient. Below average customer service, staff is not really customer focused. Slow check in, check out. About what you would expect at this price.

Do not plan a meeting or event here. Very difficult from an event standpoint. For example: would not allow us to set up projector because they were setting tables, we were not in the way and they were done setting tables.

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 2, 2007

We were hoping for a nice weekend getaway. There were many different reviews for Harbourtowne Resort, but we were optimistic and proceeded with our vacation. We pulled up to our destination and saw no one and hardly any cars in the lot. The desk greeters did anything but greet you. The view of the water was beautiful. This is not a resort!! It resembles something from the 70s that should be upgraded. It lacked the feeling of a getaway. We actually left after 1 day and didn't stay around for our free breakfast. Reconsider!!

Stayed: June 2007