Title says it all. The location is great, the buildings and the rooms in them scream late 1970s (and that isn't necessarily a good thing) and instead of the high quality seafood/shell fish we associated with this Eastern Shore location, Harbourtowne served up the kind of fare you might get at a Holiday Inn near a PA Turnpike exit. Were it not for the views and the charming little nearby town of St. Michaels, I would rate this place a notch lower than I did.
Harbourtowne is an aging, mid-range hotel with great location, its own golf facilities and some luxury pretensions that it cannot deliver without tearing down the buildings and starting afresh. The buildings are the typical concrete motel style with outside stairs. Rooms have been remodeled and mine was large and decent enough. Bathroom floor was sheet vinyl (it has been a very long time since I have seen that in a hotel) and the small outside deck (great views) has the typical faux railings (a board cut with a bandsaw to create a little design interest) and greenish, pressute-treated floor typical of 30 years ago.
It isn't that any of these things are a hardship or totally unacceptable. It is that Harbourtowne is NOT the luxury golf resort they imply it is on their website. Compared to other golf resorts around the country, Harbourtowne isn't very competitive. Bottom line? It is a fine enough place to stay if you can snag a great room rate and your expectations are in line with that discounted price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Harbourtowne - St. Michaels is located on Maryland's beautiful Eastern Shore and a premiere destination for relaxation and rejuvenation. Our property boasts 'Spectacular Views - Everyday' with 111 guest rooms nestled along the banks of East Chesapeake Bay and Miles River - every room is within 100 feet of the water! The Conference Center Our Conference Center caters to groups from 10-160 for meetings, team-building events and retreats. Our 18,000 square feet of meeting space has natural lighting and our on-site professional planners customize meeting experiences according to needs and budget. Waterfront Weddings and Events Harbourtowne - St. Michaels remains a top choice for waterfront weddings, receptions as well as events and gatherings. We have a full-time coordinator on property to assist with every detail for planning and executing an affair to remember. The Town Our property is lucky to share the same zip code with the historically rich, charming town of St. Michaels. The town's cobble-stone walks are lined with boutiques, art galleries and restaurants unique to this area of Maryland and museums provide cultural history about this area. At Harbourtowne - St. Michaels, you'll enjoy the laid back atmosphere most notable to the Eastern Shore lifestyle and we're a short drive from Washington, DC, Baltimore and Philadelphia. Let us be a part of your Eastern Shore Experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Harbourtowne Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbourtowne Golf Hotel St. Michaels
- Harbourtowne Hotel Saint Michaels
- Harbourtowne Golf Resort