“Ants and Flies on the Bay”

Harbourtowne Resort
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in St. Michaels
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tallahassee
“Ants and Flies on the Bay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

I stayed at this hotel on business with twenty-seven colleagues as part of a retreat. What caused me the greatest concern were the ants and flies in my room and in the restaurant. The flies were relentless and did not make for an appetizing meal. I had them to spray for the ants in my room and this helped to control them. Even the trainer was swatting flies in the meeting room. The venue is quite scenic given that it is right on the bay. My room was nicely decorated but the carpeting was old and not what I expected given the rates. I had a private patio with chairs and a table and enjoyed hearing the sound of the water on the rocks. The food was decent but plentiful. The service was fine. I had never seen so many insects at a hotel in my ten years of business travel. We all agreed that we would never return. It is no wonder that besides one or two families, there seemed to be no other guests.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank professorb1913

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2009

The food is very good, the rooms are nice, the view is unbeatable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I love the new addition of the shuttle boat to town. Very peaceful and relaxing, great location to recharge.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank acainelli
Washington, DC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2009

We stayed here for one night and were lucky to have a room out on the point. We had a great view of the water and a patio with chairs. Our room, however was dingy and had a damp smell. It was like a motel room...however, we paid $200/night. We also stayed one night at the Harour Inn near the town of St. Michaels and in comparision, I'd rather stay at Harbourtowne. We paid the same amount at Harbourtowne for the same quality of room but didn't have the lovely water view. If you are set on St Michaels and can't afford to stay at the Inn at Perry Cabin, this wouldn't be such a bad place.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these St. Michaels hotels

Edgewater, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2009

Booked an overnight non-profit board retreat here for a group of 20 women. I did visit the property before booking and was amazed by the beautiful setting - it happened to be a gorgeous day and I was hooked the moment I got out of the car without even seeing inside!

The waterviews are beyond compare as the resort sits on a point of land surrounded by water. I have stayed at the Inn at Perry Cabin just 2 minutes down the road and their setting simply cannot compete. This is not a 5 star resort, but all of the attendees were very pleased with the resort and their accomodations which have all recently been renovated. The bed was comfortable. The grounds are immaculate. The staff was very helpful and pleasant.

The meals (dinner, b'fast and lunch) were all good & plentiful - not spectacular, but we weren't going for the food. We wanted a relaxed setting which was perfect for our board retreat. The meeting room was great (aside from a small ant issue which they quickly resolved) and the snacks provided were very good. I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for a reasonably priced resort.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
roxietravels
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2009

I booked my association's annual meeting at this hotel. I was not able to come for a site visit prior to the meeting. What a huge mistake this was! While the property may be on a golf course and be located in a lovely historic town, the hotel is little more than a Motel 6.
My boss was not happy, the Board not impressed and I was left being very embarrassed. The paskages are misleading.

Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank roxietravels
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2009

I recently had the privilege to stay at the Harbourtowne Golf Resort during a business trip. I have to say that my group had immediately asked upon our departure that we continue to come to your location for future events.
The entire transaction between your company and ours was handled by your sales manager Valarie Haddaway, who was fantastic. Upon my arrival to your facility I was immediately greeted by Valarie who provided me with all of the information and event locations. Valarie made sure that my group was pampered to a point that they are not use to.
I have to say that Valarie has been a pleasure to work with and I will most assuredly recommend your location and Valarie.
Thank you again for the great stay and your tremendous coordinator Valarie Haddaway.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank thm0116
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2009

My college friend had a wedding at Harbourtowne last fall. I never knew about this site, but now that I do, I feel like I should add my two cents.

The ceremony was gorgeous. The bride and groom silhouetted by the water, right at sunset. It coulndn't have been prettier. Thank God the weather was great! The reception was even better. We had drinks and hors d'oeuvres on the deck right next to the water, then moved into the restaurant for dancing and dinner. The DJ was very good, and the dinner was amazing!

I ended up getting a room last minute so I wouldn't have to drive home. I was surprised how reasonable the price was, especially for how nice the room was. Everything there seems to have a great water view. The bed was really comfortable. I am rather picky when I travel The bed is usually my biggest complaint, but it wasn't bad at all.

I'm not sure when I will be back in the area, but I'll definitely keep Harbourtowne in mind if I am.

• Stayed September 2008
Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina
Parsonage Inn
Parsonage Inn
#2 of 13 in St. Michaels

Been to Harbourtowne Resort? Share your experiences!