See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 3, 2013

my husband and I have stayed here twice now.

We haven't eaten here so we have no comment on the food. But the suite rooms are clean spacious and have an incredible view! We usually go in August and it is quiet and private. The gold course is beautiful and the staff is incredibly nice. We could not get late check out which was the only thing that bothered us, however just request it when you book and you should be able to get it.

An incredible place for its price! We wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: Osprey Suite is wonderful. They also have fab looking cabins ... the cabins look more out of date but very very private
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I had a nice stay hear despite the iron burn marks on the carpet, the advertised rate was a little pricey but your keyboard can easily find a better rate on some popular sites. Beautiful views from almost every room, polite staff and a decent restaurant for a quick breakfast.

1  Thank geewoody
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed at Harbourtown Golf Resort weekend of August 16, 2013. I have read some of the reviews before writing this and the response to two reviews was that lightening struck. The rooms were sparse, the bathroom looked like an afterthought with the toilet so close in between sink and wall that it was difficult to flush the toilet.

The internet barely worked at all and as I would go to breakfast I would ask those sitting in the lounge area with their laptop if they were getting connected. I was told both times it was not good but better than in the room.

Had a coffee pot (kurik style) but there was no small frig or microwave. It was amazing how you could hear people from the rooms on both sides of our room.

As for front desk, we could not check in until after 3pm as well. No lea-way in that and I watched the women tell a few people that they couldn't give them their room number because they didn't know which room they would be given. I do find that hard to believe.

Water view was nice. Gave an "average" for rating. It was not what I would say is a resort, just a bigger motel style.

1  Thank kitten3700
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Location...location...location. Beautiful views of Hambleton Cove and the Miles River. Sorry no beach, water activity, or decent pier to walk upon. While the establishment is surrounded by a neighborhood and golf course, direction signs do a good job of directing you through the private housing to check in.

Despite the name do not mistake this for what is known today as a vacation resort. Construction, maintenance, and decor are on par with a dated motel 8. Plumbing shows age, for instance the Moen push pull lavatory faucets are very hard to operate. All sliding glass doors look, act, and sound as if the tracks have never been cleaned or lubricated.

Second story rooms are all walk up. The basics, such as vending, ice, and laundry are hard pressed to find if they even exist. Meals, other than a super 8 buffet style breakfast of cold scrambled eggs, must be taken at the club house of the neighborhood golf course up the road. Where the pool may also be found.

No this is not the modern definition of "resort", and the demand for resort room rates will never make it so. It is a roadside motel in a location better served if the establishment were razed and a resort took it's place.

Room Tip: Better rooms are in plenty in St Michaels proper.
3  Thank Hostelling
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I am mostly a weekend golfer in the DC area and usually play at decent golf courses (Westfields, Laurel Hill, Old Hickory). We had played Harbourtowne about three years ago and came back this past weekend to find the course in terrible shape. I really did not recognize the course. Although the fairways had just been aerated, the entire course was in bad shape...lots of dead grass, tee boxes that have had no TLC, etc. I would not recommend this course to any golfer, especially for the price they are charging. Only good thing about it is the snack bar on the turn where a very nice lady tended to guests. Also, I cannot comment on the rooms as we stayed with friends.

4  Thank gretchen s