See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 27, 2011

My husband and I stay here at least two or three times a year. We find it to be affordable and clean with generous room sizes. the best part, of course, is having the water view. I have also returned here for "girlfriends" weekends and, again, have always been satisfied.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank lindas6665
Reviewed October 6, 2011

While the facility itself is only a step above average, the staff is phenomenal. Our room was clean and attractive--walkout right to the water. We were greeted warmly and information was given in a friendly, helpful way. The lovely women in charge of the bountiful breakfast (a tad pricey) made us feel like guests in their home. They didn't hover but seemed to anticipate every need. The food was good.

When looking for accommodations in St. Michael's, Harbourtowne was the ONLY facility with two beds in a room. Since my sister-in-law and I prefer separate beds, we ended up in Harbourtowne. No regrets. Easily accessible to rest of the Eastern Shore, pleasant, and genuine southern hospitality.

Room Tip: At Harbourtowne, you should request a waterside room--costs $10 more but well worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank mickiknits
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I just returned from a three-day retreat at Harbourtowne. As the meeting planner, I came with an extremely critical eye and was hyper sensitive to how the stay was for my group. I am pleased to say that everyone in our group (of 40) gave the resort high marks.

The meeting/banquet staff went out of their way to ensure that every detail was covered. Our meeting room was comfortable (and I really appreciated having the ability to adjust the thermostat myself without calling for maintenance. The room had recently been updated and felt clean and fresh.

The sleeping rooms were comfortable--exactly what you'd expect at this type of property. All had new carpet, paint and linens. I know my room was immaculately clean and I didn't hear otherwise from my group.

The banquest meals were quite good. We upgraded our meal package and were very pleased with the result. The only thing I'd change would be breakfast. The breads/pastries just didn't look appealing and the fruit selection was limited.

We had our dinners on the back deck on the water (gorgeous views) and we were fortunate in that the weather cooperated. Our only real issue were mosquitoes. Next time, we'll bring bug spray.

Please take this review in context. Is this the Ritz Carlton? No. But it is a very nice mid level property and I wouldn't hesitate to book here again.

Room Tip: All rooms have great views but I prefer the 1000 and 1100 buildings
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank twocoasts
Reviewed September 8, 2011

The people at the front desk and the manager were rude and unhelpful. They seemed like they didn't know what was going on, or pretended not to. They gave us a room which had a horrible damp smell that kept us from sleeping the first night. This smell was not new and we could not believe that they didn't know about the poor quality of this room. The view was nice, but you could get the same view for a better price and not have to deal with the poor service.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank mah31127
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I have not been to Harbourtowne in about nine years and was so delighted to see that is still one of the most unusual getaways in Maryland. My room (Bay front room with two double beds) was pristine and cozy. It was exhillerating to walk right out of my patio door to enjoy long walks around the property, golf course, and the surrounding neighborhood. It was so peaceful and quiet. Lots of fluffy pillows, great cable TV channel selection, and I even had a Keurig with a lovely selection of coffee and teas. I added a fridge to my room for an additional $10 charge which was well worth it.

The staff were friendly, there was a convenient business center, and Harbourtowne is just about a mile from bustling and quaint St. Michael's. I cannot wait to return again and again. Such a wonderful refuge to recharge one's batteries!

Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo