“St Michaels Best Western - meh”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of St. Michaels Inn

St. Michaels Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in St. Michaels
Fairfax, Virginia
“St Michaels Best Western - meh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

This hotel is built like a motel in the front with exterior room doors and interior room doors in the back. VERY dated decor, with interesting smells....bathroom had no place to put anything, showers had no handles to hold, rooms had very little closet space to hold anything...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Hackettstown, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stayed 2 nights after taking a bike trip from NJ. Rooms semi updated are in need of new carpeting. Cleanliness was average for a motel. They have 2 pools which we did not use. The Back pool green most likely having problems there. We stayed here only because we knew that most of our time would be out on the bike so we all we needed was a place to shower and sleep. Mattresses were good enough. The bath towels were lousy. Time to replace those! Offer free breakfast which is just ok then hit the road. Thought for the type of motel the price was
A little high, but since only 1 mile outside of town center of St, Michaels
They can command that price

Room Tip: All outside entry all the same
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

no lights in bathrooom when we arrived, reported but no response from the motel, room smelled, needed to air out, went to breakfast at breakfast room, , ran ouyt of coffee for 10 minutes, ran out of hard boiled eggs.... thin worn towels, hardly any presence of management in hotel?

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank John D

Travelers are raving about these St. Michaels hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Couldn't have been better. Mandy your reservations desk girl was the BEST. The rooms were extremely clean and fresh. We stay at Best Western St. Michael;s every time we visit St. Michael's. It is a very convenient location to everything you would want to do in St. Michaels.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this Best Western because it was the site of a workshop that I was attending. It is an old-school motel with most rooms opening onto the parking lot and you park in front of your room. Nothing wrong with that - it can work. If its maintained and any consideration is provided to the guests.Neither of those things is true about the St. Michaels Motor Inn. The room was passably clean and decently furnished and had a working TV and the bathroom functioned. So the minimum criteria to even be considered as 1-star were met. The place is old and tired but the housekeeping staff clearly does what it can to make it OK. That's where it stops. It advertises that it has free WiFi, but it doesn't extend beyond about 3 rooms from from the office. My business runs on email communications with my clients and without access to the internet I have serious issues running my business for very long. I had to rely on getting and reading email on my phone which is difficult if not impossible for getting attachments. And then there was breakfast - because of the hours of the workshop it was difficult to go out for breakfast so we were counting on getting breakfast at the hotel at their advertised free breakfast. It was completely inedible - cold scrambled eggs, "corned beef hash" that looked and smelled like dog food and was clearly not kept at a safe temperature. The coffee was weak and luke-warm, and there was bread for toast that dry and felt stale. My wife and I left dumped what we put on our plates and made the run to Easton to the nearest McDonald's to wolf down a quick fast-food breakfast and made a mad-dash back to get to the start of the workshop 5 minutes late. For the rest of the week we planned the time to eat breakfast out someplace. After several complaints about the lack of WiFi service to which the answer was always the same "we're working on it", we never did get WiFi service unless we sat in the lobby. The desk staff was never particularly friendly or empathetic when there were issues. During our stay there the workshop was held in the meeting room upstairs from the lobby, when the workshop leader asked them for a couple of power plugs/extension cords for use with computers; they told him where the hardware store was located. It was also quite hot during our workshop and when we asked if they could make the room cooler they brought up an oscillating fan on a stand, indicating that they were having problems with the A/C.
Upon checking out of the hotel after staying for 7 nights, I once again mentioned the problems that the (still) unrepaired WiFi created for me and my business, the desk clerk merely said once again, "we're still trying to find the problem", rather than even apologize for creating a problem for a customer. We will not be staying there again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Richmond, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

This past weekend we spent two nights at this hotel while attending a wedding. From reading prior reviews on Trip Advisor I was expecting a nightmare of a hotel but it was ok. Just ok. Not sparkling or outstanding. The place is old and has been added onto over the years. I am guessing that at one time it was a Howard Johnsons. Our bathroom had recently been remodeled but that did not appear to be the case with all the rooms. The bathroom sink was separate from the toilet/tub room. The beds were comfortable and we slept very well both nights. The sheets and towels appeared clean and soft. The rooms were pretty sound proof. There was a refrigerator in both rooms.
Both pools were closed. One of them had a green moldy color to it and needed to be treated.
Breakfast was much like most hotels that offer a free (included in the price) breakfast -- high in carbs and sugar.

It was about a 7 minute drive to the heart of St Michaels. We could walk a few blocks to a nice Greek/Italian restaurant called Sam's.

The ladies at the front desk were just ok. Not real friendly but I did not bother to make small talk with them. The housekeepers seemed very nice.

I thought the room rate was high. Not a good deal.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
california, md
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

We have stayed here before but this is the last time!
We checked in Friday the 13th of June.
checked out this morning Sunday June 15 th.
From the front desk being rude and I stood at the front counter while 2 employees ignored me.
One answered the phone a lady was booking a wedding in July I stood there while the clerk d
helpme me I need to check in...they both still ignore me so I said loud enough for the caller to hear....i would think someone in front of you would be more important than a phone call. Finally got checked in by a rude untrained clerk.
Then the room had over 15 flies they were therebecause 2 weeks ago they had a plumbing problem. Then around 3 am I get up and see the lamp by bed isnt plugged in and when I try to plug it in fire and sparks come out of the receptacle. Then a loud buzzing alarm goes off in the room next door at 430am. I report to the 800 customer service for best western and they iffer me points for my inconvenience. When I tried to talk with front desk they were busy with 5 other people trying to check out whose bills were wrong. Go somewhere ekse!!!

Room Tip: There were two pools one open and dirty the other closed and green.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
#8 of 13 in St. Michaels
Harbourtowne Resort
Harbourtowne Resort
#3 of 4 in St. Michaels

Been to St. Michaels Inn? Share your experiences!