I had a wedding in town and this was the only chain hotel in the area. I had a room block for about 5/6 rooms which is pretty simple to manage 5/6 rooms out of the 90 or so they have. Well, I was wrong. They had over charged me by more than $400 dollars, they had charged my guests cards even though I had my card on file and had reconfirmed # of rooms, # of nights and which should be charged to my card several times.
When I came in after the wedding to pick up my receipts - they had no clue what was going on as names were changed on one of the rooms. I spoke with the manager/owner, Priyanka. Raj Patel who was literally the worst person I've ever met at a hotel. She was not helpful at all and said I was charged accurately. She herself didn't make the reservations and didn't care that they had messed up the # of rooms, guest names and charged my guests who shouldn't have been charged. I had to argue with her for more than 45 minutes before finally having to leave and waiting until the next day to deal with Kylie who did make all my reservations. I do have to say that Kylie is amazing, super nice to work with (and she's not even the owner) and super helpful. She was able to clear up the issues, but only after a horrible experience with the owner.
PS my guests told me their breakfast was basically microwavable meals - not very good at all. For the price you pay for a room - you're better off going to a B&B in the area and having a much more pleasant and happy experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our quaint, pet friendly hotel in St. Michaels is a welcoming retreat for your weekend getaway, extended vacation - even a business trip. Beautifully appointed hotel rooms feature comfortable furnishings inspired by our coastal location. Modern amenities feature free high-speed wireless Internet and flat-screen TVs with premium channels, including HBO. Enjoy a daily complimentary continental breakfast and use of our sparkling outdoor swimming pool. We're conveniently located, only a mile from downtown St. Michaels dining, shopping and attractions. Our exceptionally friendly staff will wow you with their knowledge of the area, and are happy to direct you to the many activites such as boating, fishing, hunting, kayaking, paddleboarding, shopping or just exploring nature. The St. Michaels Inn and conference center can accommodate your next event by offering five meeting rooms including a banquet room to seat up to 160 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your St. Michaels Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western St. Michaels Motor Hotel St. Michaels
- Best Western St Michaels Md
- St Michaels Best Western
- Best Western Saint Michaels
- Saint Michaels Best Western