“Better than I expected”

72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“Better than I expected”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I'm no wine snob nor am I a connoisseur...but my wife and I belong to 5 different wineries in Loudoun County, Va, and have been visiting wineries in California and Virginia for a few years...we know what we like and found the wines here better than I expected...that may sound bad, but considering the location and the climate, I was expecting different wines.

The whites were better than the reds, in our opinion, but the Chocolate Zin was very good.

We chose the Staff favorites - 8 wines for $8...not a bad price.

The pourer did a wonderful job and knew the answers to most of our questions (where are the wines grown? aged in oak or stainless steel? French or American oak? Malolactic fermentation?)

We didn't buy any, mostly because we were on a getaway weekend, but not a bad place to visit and sample some pretty good wines.

1 Thank JT03

Hillsborough, New Jersey
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great Wines At St. Michaels Winery!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was our second time visiting St. Michaels Winery for wine tasting. The wines were excellent, and the servers were both knowledgeable and friendly! They offer quite a few excellent wines!! One thing I noticed, they no longer give you the glasses from the tasting for free, but offer them for purchase at $3 apiece. They also need more offerings for gift selections.

1 Thank DFedor
Glen Burnie, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Delivered more than expected”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Had a great time tasting some wines we have not had yet, and enjoying the home made Sangria. Staff were welcoming and passionate about their products. I'd recommend the tasting for anyone in the area!

1 Thank William K
Keedysville, Maryland
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Really good wines”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Our server was very knowledgeable and the wines were all very good. I would go back, and would recommend to others.

1 Thank Michael Y
Littlestown
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rick B”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Elizabeth C was very knowledgeable and friendly. She made very good recommendations. But once again, as with so many wineries, while offering tastings - please provide a new glass or at least rinse between offerings.