“Key Lime Cafe”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2010

This is one of THE best vacation restaurants that my husband and I have enjoyed. Carol and the staff are warm, friendly and charming. The relaxing atmosphere was a plus, but the food was Extraordinary!!!

1  Thank Trinia40

Reviewed July 13, 2010

We made a point to eat here because of previous trip advisor reviews. The food was generally good and the service was adequate.

Our visit was interesting because they were out of key lime pie. We were there in the early evening, so I was dumbfounded how they didn't have their namesake dessert available. It was like going to Toys R Us and having them say they're out of toys.

I assume our visit was a fluke, but it was memorable.

Reviewed June 9, 2010

I got a cake made for my boyfriend for his birthday, vanilla with chocolate/peanut butter icing. It was AMAZING!!!! And, I ordered it only a few days before showing up! The baker even called me a few days later to ask how he liked it and how it turned out!!

We ate there one morning for breakfast, and was not disappointed! I had the french toast and my boyfriend had the salmon omlett. Both were so tasty and delicious. I couldn't even finish all my toast! The prices are very reasonable, too. The servers are are friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere is great! A "must stop" in St. Michaels!!

Reviewed May 28, 2010

Not sure how this was ranked #1, not bad per se, but nothing to remember....

2  Thank cutterorleans
Reviewed May 24, 2010

This place has a "don't judge a book by its cover" thing going on. The outside looks a tiny bit shabby and as fans of outdoor eating, the plastic table and chairs looked a little rickety. Wrong! The woman (I assume the owner) was very welcoming later on a Saturday night and the interior of the restaurant was lovely, modern with blond woods. But the outside table and chairs were actually very sturdy! She even went out of her way to make sure we had light (though not too much :) We were really blown away by the food - we split the corn fritters which were warm and delicious surprises with Thai chili sauce. My ahi tuna was good - not the highest quality I've had, but well-prepared with lemon essence and crispy shallots. The diver scallops were a revelation - prefectly cooked and the beurre blanc with pineapple slaw might made it one of the best scallop dishes I've ever had. My husband had the Key Lime Ribs and raved about them. I'm not a huge rib fan, but I also loved the tenderness and the tangy flavor. I couldn't believe this diversity came out of that kitchen - and quickly at the end of the night! Our server was terrific and told us that although this is they've had two chefs move on to bigger things in about a year, the new one is very well trained. We agree!