“Wonderful in every way!”
Review of Key Lime Cafe - CLOSED

Key Lime Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2009

We were in St. Michael's for the weekend and decided on the Key Lime Cafe for dinner and what a delight - the chef came out and spoke to us about his dishes and we had mentioned a beet salad that we thought we saw on his menu in the window - it just so happened he had a delivery of beets that morning and he created a fabulous salad for us. Would definately go back again!

Reviewed April 11, 2009

Nice, family owned place. Not a local fish place full of Chesapeake Bay fare - we went to the Crab Claw near the Maritime Museum for that; more of an eclectic fusion-style cafe. The food and service were both good, and the crab cake my wife had was very good. I had a gyro and the kids had hot dogs. Easy walk from the outstanding Maritime Museum in St. Michaels.

Reviewed March 28, 2009

This restaurant is one of the only places open for breakfast, so they do a bumping business. I've always had good service, even when they're busy. The food is nothing to write home about and sometimes even disappointing.

Reviewed March 22, 2009

Everything was wonderfully prepared, and very tasty, with great ingredients. We both had a wonderful appetizer (a really great crab and avocado salad, and tomato basil soup), and extremely tasty main dish (a chili rub steak cooked just right, and a wonderful pork dish). We finished the meal with a very smooth and outstanding key lime pie. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed December 10, 2008

We came to Saint Michael's for our honeymoon this past weekend and we wished we had discovered the Key Lime cafe our first night!!
It was a frigid, windy Sunday night. We got to the cafe and there was no one around. We were seated promptly right by the window, looking out at the street and the lights.The menu is gourmet, in the style of a 4 star restaurant. We ordered crimini risotto for an appetizer. For dinner my new husband had salmon topped with porchini mushrooms on a bed of julienned crispy vegetables in a miso broth. Superb! I had wanted to try the gumbo, but genius Chef Randolf came out from the kitchen to tell me he was out of an ingredient he needed. Then he mentioned he was from New Orleans. Well that just did it for me. I simply had to try a New Orleans styled dish from this chef. He gave his winning smile and told me not to worry, that he would make me something special. We decided to dance to the low, soft jazz in the low light since we had the place to ourselves and they didn't mind a bit. They even lowered the lights more and turned the music up. It turned out Chef Randolf made his gumbo anyway, he just improvised. It was filled with shrimp, andouille sausage and lots of crab claws, perfectly exposed. He made it perfectly spicy just for me. The key lime pie was amazing, as was the warmed pecan pie. And the cost... sixty - five dollars for two to have an appetizer, two entrees, two desserts and soft drinks. You can't beat the cost, the service, the food, or the chef's personality.We'll be coming back every year to Saint Michael's for our honeymoon and we will be sure to eat our meals at the Key Lime Cafe.

2  Thank chimefaery