“Never again.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2014

This place looks cute on the outside, but that's about it. The food is at best average, the portions are tiny but they are EXPENSIVE. There were four of us, three adults and my son - who is one - we had coffee and breakfast then we tried three slices of their "famous" key lime pie, and the bill was over $50! For Breakfast!! The pie was not even that good but they charge $7 per slice!
Do yourselves a favor and walk on by this place, there are many, many other great little places in town to choose from.

2  Thank I C

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Food was just ok. Not worth the price. Service was good but we did start out as the only people there.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I am extremely disappointed with my service today at key like cafe of Stuart. I used to love eating there and really enjoy the limeades. This afternoon I went with a friend for a couple of drinks at the bar. My friend is only visiting the US this week because he is here for a tennis tournament. He's a professional world wide tennis player. Anyway since he is not from the US he doesn't have any form of ID. So I order an orange limeade with vodka and the bartender comes back with just a shot of vodka and said to wait for my orange limeade. So then my friend goes to order his drink and she asks for his ID. He tells her that he doesn't have one because he is not from the US. So then the bartender goes to get the manager. When the manager came up to us she said SO rudely "sorry you can't drink here if you don't have any form of ID" he's trying to explain to her his circumstance and she could even google him. We understand that this is not the correct form of ID which is understandable. So since my drink wasn't even ready we just decided to leave. The manager immediately runs after us and says "if you leave that's a felony and my husband is a cop and I'll have you arrested if you don't pay for that drink". Can I remind you that I ordered an orange limeade with vodka. NOT and orange limeade and a shot of vodka. To avoid any further problems I just payed this woman the 4 dollars for the shot. I'm not upset about paying for my drink that I didn't even physically touch but I'm mad about how rude and unprofessional this manager was! I believe her name was kris. So horrible!

4  Thank Joviexo
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were hungry and this place was close to where we parked. The burger I had was ok, it needed more flavor, the fries were a bit hard. The homemade potato chips were the best part of the meal. Another in our group had grilled cheese that was just average as well. Nothing was terrible but nothing was that great either.

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We visit St. Michaels each year on the second week of November. But, this was our first time eating at the Key Lime Cafe. It is a small but pleasant restaurant- only about a dozen or so tables and booths. It wasn't busy when we arrived but it got very busy a short time later. We were greeted by the hostess and promptly seated for lunch. Our waitress was there moments later to take our drink orders. We both had the chef salad ( $13.) which was fresh with egg, lettuce, ham, cheese, turkey and tomatoes. Olives also come in the salad but we opted to leave them out. My wife asked for bacon in place of tomatoes. No problem. We ordered a side of pickles ($3) and a croissant($2.25 each). Afterwards, I enjoyed a cup of fresh brewed coffee and a slice of their signature Key Lime pie which was featured in a 2013 issue of Martha Stewart's magazine. I lived in Key West at one time so my expectations about Key Lime pie are very high. I wasn't disappointed. Excellent texture and just the right amount of tartness. All in all for $50 excluding tip it was a bit pricey for lunch but was worth it. We experienced none of the problems encountered by other reviewers.