“Wow, What A Bed & Breakfast Experience!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Michaels
Dr. Dodson House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 13 St. Michaels B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Wow, What A Bed & Breakfast Experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2006

Sorry, Gary and Janet it took so long for me to write this review. Anyway, I can't say enough about the Dr. Dobson House as a Bed and Breakfast. Been to many, and a few in St. Michaels, but without a doubt this was, and is the very best. My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at the House along with attending the St. Michaels Wine and Food Festival for weekend.

Wow, what great inn keepers, serving a spectacular breakfast(s), and very very nice hors d'oeuvres and drinks along with great conversation. Personally, the Dodson Room is my favorite, but both rooms are fantastic.

Steps to the waterfront and shopping, location is prime within St. Michaels.

Cheers! and Hats off to you Janet and Gary! We had a great time and a romantic weekend. Fireplace and the "Beverage in Bed" service in the morning was quite the touch.

Keep the place going, and to everyone else if you don't stay at the Dr. Dobson House for Bed and Breakfast your making a big mistake!

P.S - Janet and Gary, We will never forget the experience of the "International Traveler, and his ladder".

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2006

My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at the Dr. Dodson House and it was perfect. We stayed in the Dodson room and loved it. We enjoyed the evening's hors d'oeurves with pleasant conversation with the hosts and the other guests. Breakfast was fabulous, especially the fresh fruit with sherbet. Also, the location is great - close to restaurants and shops. We parked the car when we arrived and did not move it again until we left St. Michael's. We would definitely recommend this romantic B&B to anyone who is looking for a charming place to stay.

7 Thank Evie C
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2006

this B & B makes you feel so special. The room was beautifully decorated, the hosts were fantastic, the breakfasts' were exquisite and all the little extras just added to this wonderful anniversary weekend. Would definitely hope to visit again.

3 Thank gardening lover
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2006

My wife and I celebrated her birthday at Dr. Dodson House and had a great time! Janet and Gary are wonderful people and we enjoyed not only the best breakfast in town but great conversation as well. St. Michaels is a beautiful little town and Dr. Dodson House is located within walking distance of the all the main shops and restaurants. We'd definitely recommend this great B & B to everyone!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2006

My husband and I have stayed at B&Bs throughout the country and our stay at Dr. Dodson House was by far the best we've experienced. The good news for us is that we live only about 80 miles away, so we can return frequently!
Janet and Gary, the innkeepers made us feel like friends visiting their home. They were warm and helpful, but respected that this was our weekend away. The house is lovely without feeling overdecorated and our room (there are two, one on either side of the top of the stairs) was perfect. The bed was ultra comfortable and the chairs we sat in to talk were perfect as well. Everything was taken care of, including a fire set ready to light and instantly perfect as well as interesting reading material and cozy robes. Janet was most gracious in helping with dinner reservations (which you need in St. Michaels even in February!) Finally, both breakfast and the hors d'oeuvres were outstanding. They were delicious and reflect Janet's love of cooking and entertaining. I'd never been to a B&B that offered so many choices for breakfast! Gary should work for the St. Michaels chamber of commerce as his stories of how good life is there made us want to move there immediately! For now, we'll have to settle for returning and letting Janet and Gary take care of us.

• Stayed February 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Annapolis, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2006

We have just returned from an overnight at Dr. Dodsons. I'm not normally a B&B person as I don't like the feeling that I'm "boarding" in someone else's house. It wasn't like that at all. Janet and Gary, the proprietors, have their own detached home connected by a breezeway to the B&B. You have an nicely-appointed room, separated by a hallway (you don't share a wall), from the other upstairs room. Additionally, you have access to a parlor and dining room downstairs.

My other reservation about going to a B&B is that I'm quite particular about beds. (I bought my wife the Ritz Carlton bed once for Christmas.) The mattress in our room was the perfect combination of firmness and cushioning. My back, which will be sore in morning if the mattress isn't right, felt great.

The location of the B&B was perfect. It's a half a block off the main drag (Talbot) so that there is no street noise, but you're as easy walk to the shops and restaurants on Talbot and also to the grounds of the Maritime Museum, which isn't a building as much as it is a heritage park. It was after 5; the park was closed, but the gate is open, and you can peramble around the exhibits to your heart's content.

Guys, this is a no-brainer. The price is worth every penny. If you want a romantic get-away on the Eastern Shore this is it. (Ladies, if your husband needs a hint, clip some of the Trip Advisor reviews and leave them lying around.) There is a fireplace in your bedroom with the wood already arranged on the grate. One match and it's crackling. You look like a pro. The stress dissipates and falls off your shoulders as you walk around the town. If your wife is interested in home decor (whose isn't?), she will appreciate the attention to detail, interesting antique pieces, and creative touches in the B&B. The proof is in all their return traffic. The other couple there had tried virtually every B&B in St Michaels, and this was their 7th visit to Dr. Dodsons. I'm looking forward to my next stay there.

• Stayed February 2006
5 Thank Dittmarschen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2005

We had high expectations for the Dr Dodson House given the glowing reviews we read, but our actual experience there was even more special than we had anticipated. It's a beautiful historic B&B with all sorts of extra touches that set it apart from others. And what makes this place really unique is the innkeepers, Janet and Gary, who went above and beyond with their gracious hospitality and friendly helpfulness.

I would highly recommend the Dr Dodson House and will definately return!

• Stayed December 2005