“Lovely Visit!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Michaels
Dr. Dodson House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 13 St. Michaels B&B and Inns
Clarksburg, NJ
“Lovely Visit!”
Reviewed June 16, 2005

My husband and I just got back from MD yesterday, and stayed at the Dr. Dodson house. First time in this part of MD, I did much research before committing to a B&B. Our initial search started with Annapolis, but quickly changed after I found out about St. Michaels... Very quaint, laid back town with much character! And that character was solidified after our stay at the Dr. Dodson House! We were first greeted by our innkeeper, Janet, as she was pulling weeds in their beautiful garden. Her personality bubbled at our first greeting, and just got better as the stay progressed! We also met her lovely husband, Gary, who was the host with the most! The room we stayed at was very comfortable, as well as the rest of the house. The greatest thing was being greeted each morning with a fresh cup of coffee (with a choice of many!) in our room, as well as the aromas coming from the kitchen! What will always live in my husband's heart is Janet's Egg's Benedict! What I found refreshing was that this B&B had two rooms only, which made it very easy for us to get to know the other people staying there as well our innkeepers at the hors d'oeuvres at 6:00 PM and breakfast! This was a great concept since we were able to chat with everyone, and made our visit even that more inviting! As our visit only last two nights, we walked away with a definite feeling of returning!

2 Thank ChrisB1116

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed June 4, 2005

My wife wanted to explore St. Mike's for three days over Memorial Day. We left New Jersey needing some relaxation and didn't know what to expect . Gary and Janet checked us in and had hors d'oeuvres and wine hour promptly at six pm. We compared notes over what was so great in St. Mikes and life in general. Certain romantics looking for the good life of yachting, dining, good company and conversation will probably get a big kick out of staying at Dr. Dodson's. You know who you are. Five stars.

• Stayed May 2005
santa clara, ca
Reviewed April 23, 2005

As a mom of four boys, I don't get much "alone" time...but my hubby gave me an absolutely wonderful 45th birthday present, a stay at the Dr. Dodson House...by MYSELF! I guess he realized, after 17 years of pampering everyone else, I needed equal treatment. Needless to say, after a few nights in St. Michaels at the inn I almost forgot I WAS a mom! Janet and Gary really go all out...no detail is overlooked and every need is attended to! Cocktail hour was a great time to get to know the hosts and the area...the bed was heaven--offering the softest sheets I've ever slept on--the breakfasts 5-star and the fact that EVERYTHING (marina, main street and it's quaint little shops and fantastic bistros) is within walking distance really made my retreat from a hustling big city all the more magical! I've been to several B&Bs but none compare to the Dr. Dodson House! Thanks Janet & Gary, I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2005
1 Thank amythe
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 25, 2005

A charming and lovely B&B. Food was great, innkeepers dedicated and fun.
Absolutely recommended.

#2 of 13 in St. Michaels
Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast
Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast
#7 of 13 in St. Michaels

Been to Dr. Dodson House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!