“Wonderful weekend at the Dr. Dodson B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Michaels
Dr. Dodson House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 13 St. Michaels B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had a very relaxing and enjoyable weekend. This is an outstanding B&B in a great location close to the town's main attractions and the Bay. The Hosts were fantastic taking care of our every need and added great tips about where to eat, drink and shop. The breakfasts were delicious (french toast, eggs benedict, pecan waffles, fruit). The comfortable rooms had everthing you could want plus TV and wireless. The decor of the house takes you back to the end of the 1800s. We were really spoiled and would love to come back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I surprised my wife with a weekend trip to St. Michael's the weekend after Valentine's Day. I really knew nothing about St. Michael's, so I picked Dr. Dodson House after reading the reviews.

After our stay, all we can say is "wow." Ok, so a few more word than that.

Janet was an excellent host and a delight to talk to. And her warmth and charm translates into the feeling we had staying there. The decor of the house was fantastic and whimsical, with that sort of elegance that comes through without pretense.

The Dodson room is the biggest, and boy was is comfortable. The fireplace came in handy since it was a cold rainy Saturday.

As for the food, can't say enough great things. Delicious all around, and swapping stories with Janet during our meals was the highlight. Such a renaissance woman!

Do yourself a favor. Just go. You'll love it.

Room Tip: We had a chance to see the other rooms, and the Dodson room was clearly the best and the coziest.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a weekend getaway in St. Michaels and we ended up picking this beautiful B&B, which is within walking distance of downtown St. Michaels. The owner, Janet, was very helpful both before us picking this B&B and during our entire stay. Our stay was from Fri-Sun in the middle of winter and we wound up being the only guests in the house that weekend, which was nice for us.

Upon arrival, Janet takes you into the beautifully decorated parlor room where you fill out forms for when and what you want for breakfast each morning. She had a different menu for each day of our stay. She then gave us a tour of the home while taking us to our room, the Harrison room, which was located on the 2nd floor. There are only three guest rooms, two of which are located at the 2nd floor and the other on the 3rd floor. Janet has done a wonderful job of decorating this very old home and we enjoyed our stay in the lovely and comfortable Harrison room. The room is equipped with a queen sized bed, a sitting area, fireplace, HDTV, coffee maker, and a private bathroom. The wood burning fireplace was all set, so all we had to do was light it. Being the middle of winter, we lit the fire each night. The bathroom sink is small, but there is a built-in open medicine cabinet where you can store your toiletry items. Close the bathroom door and flip on the heater, and the bathroom will be nice and toasty for yourself!

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed each of our breakfasts. Both days, we started with fresh fruit, which came with a little scoop of raspberry sherbet. Our first breakfast consisted of french toast with sausage on the side and on the second morning, we had waffles with bananas. You have your choice of coffee, teas, and juices. She also has an assortment of DaVinci syrups to add to your coffee if you like. Breakfast was always ready at the time we specified each morning, and we got to enjoy our breakfast while sitting next to a roaring fire. The dining room consists of one round table, so you would be potentially eating with others if other guests picked a breakfast time the same or close to what you picked.

Free WiFi is provided, but I found it to be slow much of the time. I think the issue had to do with where the access point is located. I had a fairly weak WiFi signal from the room on the second floor, but things improved somewhat when I sat in the parlor room. Ultimately it wasn't a real big deal for me as my device had a cellular signal and I wound up using that most of the time.

The B&B is located just off a side street in downtown St. Michaels and we simply walked into town to go shopping. You are also very close to the Maritime Museum. Only street parking is available around the house. Being the dead of winter, we had no difficulty parking. I would say watch out for the no parking signs as I accidentally wound up illegally parking the first night. Fortunately a neighbor told me before a cop discovered it!

This B&B accepts cash or check only and you do have to pay 50% at the time of reservation. I would have preferred that credit cards were accepted.

In summary, Dr. Dodson house provided my wife and I and very relaxing weekend getaway with delicious breakfasts, and this is exactly what we were looking for. If we ever find ourselves back in St. Michaels, we will definitely look to see if there is availability at Dr. Dodson's house!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GigemAggie
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We came to the Dr Dodson House to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. The inn and the innkeeper were delightful. Our room was charming. Janet laid a fire for us both days so we could have a fire in the fireplace when we got in each evening. She was gracious and entertaining. The breakfast was wonderful. We were surprised we were able to eat anything else the rest of the day. Janet gave us great recommendations for meals and she was very knowledgable about the area. We enjoyed talking to her, she is a very interesting and accomplished woman. We couldn't have had a better time. If we go back to St. Michaels we will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
stmikesbandb, Owner at Dr. Dodson House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at Dr. Dodson House! It is very heartwarming to me when guests feel so welcomed and comfortable during their stay, and it is the best reward for an innkeeper! I sure hope you can return for another visit and thank you for celebrating your anniversary with us! Janet

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I cannot recommend this B&B enough to travelers to the St. Micheals! Forget the chain hotels, forget the other bigger locations. Dr. Dodson should be your gift to yourself to help you feel pampered and comfortable on your vacation or business trip.

This charming B&B is located in the heart of downtown and is decorated with a chic, modern style with a classic, comfortable feel. It has huge couches on the first floor to curl up with a good book, a charming dining room that makes you feel like you're eating breakfast with a group of extended family members and the bedrooms feel homey and yet impeccably decorated with elegant touches like four poster beds, fireplaces, reading material, comfortable mattresses and luxurious linens. The bathrooms were white-glove-test clean and supplied with anything you might need.

The innkeepers, Jaime & Ben, go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. They had a hot cup of coffee ready for me when I arrived and took me on a walking tour of the town that afternoon. They pointed out the best restaurants for drinks, lunch and dinner and shops to find great holiday gifts.

And the breakfasts...ohhh, the breakfasts! You seriously should go for at least one night and try Ben's amazing cooking. I ate better there than I ever cook for myself at home!

The location is wonderful and the two innkeepers really make this location feel like you are staying in a friend's house (a friend with really great taste!) for the weekend!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank romarosie
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I love traveling to new locales and staying in cabins and B&Bs. We live in Arlington, VA and when looking for a new spot to explore, we couldn't believe we had never traveled to St. Michael's. We'd heard about Dr. Dodson's and loved the location, rooms and "feel" of the place before we even checked in. Upon arrival, we knew we chose the right spot. Jaime and Ben are the warmest, most generous hosts. From the greeting to the suggestions we got on places to eat and visit, to THE MOST AMAZING breakfast we were well taken care of. The rooms were also just perfect. We stayed in the Harborview Room, which was so cozy - especially over a rainy weekend. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer T
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I just celebrated our second wedding anniversary at Dr. Dodson House, and we couldn't be happier with our choice of this B&B. The house, location, breakfast, and innkeepers are amazing. The house is a historical landmark and highlight of several guided tours, so we learned a lot about it just by listening to tours from the porch. The innkeeper gave us great suggestions about where to go for food and drinks, especially Gina's lighthouse tacos! Everything in St. Michaels was within .5 miles from Dr. Dodson House so we didn't have to drive anywhere during our entire stay. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple