“Fabulous!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Michaels
Dr. Dodson House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 13 St. Michaels B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 21, 2012

When my boyfriend and I stayed at Dr. Dodson House, we immediately fell in love with this charmingly beautiful inn! We were greeted by the *awesome* Jaime and Ben upon arrival and we decided right then and there that this would be the ONLY place we would ever stay again when traveling to St. Michaels! The rooms were clean, comfortable and warm. We felt at home right away. The breakfast was to die for...I'm still hoping that Ben will share his eggs benedict recipe! We have stayed at many b+bs all over the country and our experience at Dr. Dodson house was truly top notch. We will definitely be back again soon and will recommend to anyone visiting the St. Michaels area!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Having visited Dr. Dodson house for over a decade, and always been overwhelmed but the superior hospitality, graciousness and vivacity - not to mention superlative breakfasts- of Janet, I was a bit apprehensive about the fact that she had turned over the inn keeping duties to Jaime and Ben. Janet, of course, assured me that she would not turn over "her baby" to anyone who would not maintain the standards she had set. WOW, was she right! I introduced my boyfriend to the new regime this weekend and it was a wonderful experience. Granted, the "youngsters" have a different energy, but it's equally engaging, relaxing and very endearing. I will certainly be back and my companion is getting over his dislike of the B&B communal breakfast thanks to the folks at Dr. Dodson AND the caliber of guests they attract. Well done!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms!
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I escaped to St. Michaels for the first time last weekend. We chose the Dr. Dodson House based primarily on Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed. The house itself is great - three nice sized rooms, a comfortable sitting room, nice breakfast room and two great porches. The Dodson room was great - clean, spacious and nicely decorated. The location = terrific. The inn is just a short walk to the shops, restaurants and Patriot cruise but located off the main street and thus quiet. The best part of all though were Ben & Jaime. They were great hosts and made us feel really welcome from the very moment we walked in the door. I am currently in a cast and a little awkward with stairs and Ben was quick to grab our bags and get them up to our room. The breakfast was delicious and we really enjoyed the conversation with the other guests. Thanks, Ben & Jaime, for a great stay. We are already looking forward to the next trip.

1  Thank John F
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband and I were able to get away recently and had the good fortune to spend a weekend at Dr. Dodson House. The B&B was lovely and the breakfasts absolutely delicious (I especially loved the tomato tart). We appreciated the time the innkeepers, Jaime and Ben, were able to devote to our questions to help make our weekend special. I've already recommended Dr. Dodson to several friends and would love to find a weekend to return this fall.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Our stay at Dr. Dodson House Bed & Breakfast was nothing short of phenomenal. Jaime and Ben are amazing hosts. We felt like distinguished guests as soon as stepped into the foyer. The B&B has all of luxuries of a fine hotel along with the antiquity and conversation that you would expect at a historic inn. Our rooms included a modern bathroom and (important) amenities such as coffee maker, flatscreen TV, and iPod dock. Breakfast and service was amazing - with a planned and thoughtful menu. The historic home is located perfectly near the marina with quick access to the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, shops, and restaurants. Jaime and Ben are rock stars in St. Michael - they can always recommend the best options if you need advice for fun or dining. We had a 5-Star experience. Make sure to joy a glass of wine on the majestic porches during your stay!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Located right in the heart of everything! Can walk to shops, restaurants, museum, etc. Superb hospitality by the innkeepers. They were super friendly and welcoming. Gave great recommendations on restaurants, things to do, etc. Breakfast was AMAZING!!! Can't wait to stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I surprised my husband with a weekend trip to St. Michaels in July 2012 and stayed at the Dr. Dodson House. Jaime and Ben's hospitality began well before our actual visit when they made recommendations for everything from a special dinner to how to get a great, local birthday cake shipped to the house.

The inn is centrally located to downtown St. Michaels and is very walk-able to every destination we wanted to reach. The historical home has all the charm of its years, with updates to accommodate every amenity we could have wanted. The rooms were cozy and clean and breakfast was the best we've ever had at a bed and breakfast. Jaime and Ben have brought fun and youth to a sometimes-stuffy industry and made every effort to make our stay perfect.

I can't wait to return!