“Flies and slow service”

The Pub at the Inn at Perry Cabin
Cuisines: American, International, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Balteville Maryland
“Flies and slow service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is a small restaurant with a great view of the water. The Inn gets 4 stars but read on. We came for lunch. There are tables outside of the restaurant but we ate inside to escape the humidity and insects. We were wrong. There were flies everywhere that landed on our bodies and our food for the entire meal. Our server had only the four of us to take care of. She was awful. She told my daughter not to order the salad as it would be too much for her to eat, although my daughter really wanted a salad. My daughter opted for the crab soup instead. Our guest also ordered the soup. I ordered the oyster appetizer. The soups came and went, flies and all. My oysters never arrived. I kept looking for our server but she reappeared at long intervals. I asked her where my oysters were. She said she didn't know I ordered them. I asked those at my table if they heard me order them. They did. Our server did not review our order with us before she left for her long departure. Why? The kitchen is next to the room. Remember, there were only four of us she was serving--no other customers. After the soups were taken away our slow server repeatedly said she would get the oysters, however I asked if the entree was coming out soon and she said it was so I told her not to not bother. Good food but bad and very slow service. Don't drink the tap water they serve. It has a odd taste to it. Ask for bottled water. We ordered iced tea to disguise the taste. For a quality hotel the restaurant (now called Stars) was lacking--good food, poor and slow service, too high priced for what you get in return. I am truly disappointed as our guest drove 2 1/2 hours to visit and dine with us. NOTE: I called the restaurant today to provide feedback and this is what the manager told me: "I will check your bill to see if you were charged for the oysters". That's it? She did say she would speak with the server. She did say she will bring it up with the kitchen and asked if there was anything she could do. What was I supposed to say..yes, provide us with a voucher for at least that portion of the meal that was never served? To my mind that should come from the restaurant as a good faith response. The customer should not be forced to ask for something that should have been offered by a reputable establishment. I did not ask. Cheap and low class treatment from a supposedly high class venue.

3 Thank DeniseBBB

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Terrific Venue, Terrific Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Love the view, love the breakfast menu. Everything is beautifully prepared and fresh. Terrific service. One of the best things about staying at the Inn is enjoying breakfast.

Visited July 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“Great food, better view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We recently had dinner at Stars (formerly Sherwood's Landing), and very much enjoyed the food, atmosphere, and - of course - the view from the grounds of the lovely Inn at Perry Cabin. We sat inside, but near the windows to enjoy the breathtaking view of the miles river. The service was fantastic and our server's tenure (of over 16 years) with Perry Cabin showed! Our meals were wonderful, although two of our meat orders came out slightly overdone (steak and lamb - but they tasted wonderful anyway) and my appetizer Caprese salad special came out missing its cheese - slightly surprising based on the meal's price point and the fact that the restaurant was nearly empty, but possibly attributed to it being a Sunday night? We did enjoy the amuse bouche and the after dinner sweet bites that were sent out, and our cocktails were fantastic. As other reviewers mentioned, the cost of the meal is high, but you are paying for the view and the atmosphere - and it is worth it, particularly if you have yet to visit Perry Cabin.

maryland
“Loved the service and the view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

We enjoyed impeccable service and very attentive wait staff. We dined outside with our pet and the views and setting were fabulous. The local crab dishes were our favorites. Flavors were good, ingredients were local and fresh. Presentation was less refined and sophisticated. Pricing was definitely resort high end. You are paying for the view and location! Drinks were very good and priced similar to 5 star
establishment.

carefree az
“Better reincarnation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

No longer called Sherwood,s Landing but now Stars with a new chef, the restaurant is back to the top for the first time since chef Mark Salter left years ago to open his own place at the Robert Morris Inn in Oxford, Md. food now excellent with beautiful water views and improved professional service.

Visited July 2014