“Very good...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Pub at the Inn at Perry Cabin - CLOSED

The Pub at the Inn at Perry Cabin
Cuisines: American, International, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Delaware
“Very good...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We recently stayed at the inn and had the chance to dine here twice. The meals were excellent both times. Our first night we had dinner and really enjoyed sitting in the mail dining room that overlooks the water. Each course we had was well prepared and innovative. Our second meal was Easter brunch. The selection on the Buffett was very impressive-oysters and lamb. The service for both meals was also top not h.

Visited April 2013

Annapolis, MD
“used to be great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Easter brunch at Sherwood's Landing was a long-standing family tradition. As soon as we booked our table, in January if they'd let us, we all began salivating at the thought of their sublime crab cakes. Sherwood's is picey and brunch is no exception, but we all thought it worth the splurge. Sadly,no longer.

When we made our reservation this year, we asked about price and were assured that it would be the same as last year. Wrong. When we got the bill, it was roughly 50% higher.

And the food. No crab cakes. Soggy, tasteless cocktail shrimp. Tasteless poached salmon and quiche. Smoked scallops where tasteless would have been a step up. And the desserts. Not half as good as the Entenmann's you can find in every supermarket.

A 50% bump in price for more than a 50% reduction in quality. Not a deal I'd have taken had I known. Bring back the old owners. Bring back the old chef. Please.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Watsson
Annapolis, Maryland
“Excellent dinner during the March Jazz night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had a lovely dinner here during their March jazz night. The service was very good, food delicious and atmosphere charming. It was actually quite full which gave a buzzy, upbeat feel to the room, yet it didn't slow down the service or the quality. We enjoyed all of the dishes we had and already look forward to going back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Jazz & Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

After reading the reviews, I reluctantly went to dinner with jazz at Sherwood’s Landing. It was wonderful! The music was great ; the food delicious; the service very good. Yes it was expensive but not outrageously so. We enjoyed ourselves. The Oyster Pie was a highlight.

Visited March 2013
arlington, VA
“Superb dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a fantastic dinner here on March 8. It started with a complimentary glass of Spanish sparkling wine to celebrate my birthday and an amuse bouche of a shrimp and avocado timbale (the waiter called it salad, but it was more elegant than that). I had the oyster pie to start which was tender oysters in a creamy mushroom broth with layers of crispy phyllo dough graced with melted Parmesan. My husband loved his creamy crab soup. He followed with the evening's special of veal loin in a wine reduction--perfectly cooked. I feasted on butter poached lobster atop a creamy risotto. My dessert of raspberry almond dacquoise was incredible. I can't imagine how the chef got such an intense raspberry flavor into that crispy meringue shell. I'm normally a chocolate fan, but this is a dessert I'll remember for a long time! The service was wonderful. The only disappointing element were the friandises--3 gratis but surprisingly tasteless candy-like bites of no particular distinction. Some tiny butter cookies or a chocolate truffle would have made for a better grand finale. All in all a superb meal.