“Rude Hostess! Don't Patronize!”
Review of The Crab Claw

The Crab Claw
Ranked #13 of 51 Restaurants in St. Michaels
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Bowie, MD
“Rude Hostess! Don't Patronize!”
Reviewed July 16, 2005

When we recently visited St. Michaels, we made reservations at the Crab Claw's outside dining area. Well, the weather turned ugly during the day and I called in the early afternoon to request indoor seating instead. The hostess who answers the phone was very rude and refused and then proceeded to cancel our existing reservation without me asking her to. Later that day, as this place is highly recommended, we decided to call in a carry-out order since their menu clearly states that "all entrees are available for take-out". First I called and a gentleman told me it would be between 1 and 1-1/2 hours before our order would be ready. So, I told him we would think about it. When I called back less than 2 minutes later, it got the same rude hostess I did earlier in the day (her scruff voice is very recognizable) and she said that she was not accepting carry out orders. I told her a gentleman had just told me that it would be 1 to 1-1/2 hours for the order and we were willing to wait. She proceeded to yell at me and tell me that the restaurant was too busy. I ended up hanging up on her harangue. We decided to go with the St. Michael's Steak and Crab House instead. Much nicer people...

7 Thank TravelMom_Bowie

A TripAdvisor Member
“Service, food and view are tops!”
Reviewed June 21, 2005

I visited the Crab Claw on Memorial Day weekend and had a wonderful experience. The seafood was delicious and the view of the harbor was spectacular. I highly recommend it.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member