“Mediocre at best”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Side order of fries was overpriced. Crab pizza was very good. Server made it seem to be inconvenienced when she was making rounds at the table. We had a short stay time to eat and drink two beers about 30 mins. It wasn't overly busy so this type of service wasn't expected.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We went here for lunch and were excited about having lunch on the harbor. Great views. Just average food. Had a bowl of MD crab soup. Was overly spicy and had several pieces of crab shells in it. Salad had wilted lettuce, onions were dry (a sign of being cut way ahead of time) and the balsamic vinagerette was oily and not balsamic

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Crabs were well cooked and the rockfish was very tasty. View of the water were great. Service was very fast and friendly.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

With a tomato base and a lot of vegetables, the Maryland Crab Soup was so very good.
My husband loved the fish and chips made with local rockfish. I had a crab cake that was way better than any other I have had. Not filled with cracker crumbs, it was loaded with crab.
We were too full to have dessert, but if those are as good as the meals, I could recommend them.
This restaurant was right on the water. With outdoor seating and indoor seating with good views. We ate up on the second floor with all the windows open.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

This was our first visit to St. Michaels. My wife and I were looking for something light to eat with a nice view of the water. We found The Crab Claw while looking for a lighthouse at the end of Mill Street. It was not rated in the top 15 restaurants in St. Michaels at the time, but we decided to give it a shot because the outdoor seating on the water was important. There was plenty of outdoor seating and all tables seemed to have a view of the water and marina area. The outdoor seating was also dog-friendly. My wife ordered a crab cake ($14.95) which was better than average - not a lot of filler, and came with some fries and a small serving of coleslaw. I ordered the cream of crab soup ($6.95). The soup was just average because it didn't come with any noticeable lumps of crab meat; however, a few shared chunks from my wife's crab cake fit the bill. Our total, including a lemonade, iced tea, tax and tip was $33. Not too bad, and the water view made this a very good experience. Trays of steamed crabs kept passing by as some guests ordered a dozen crabs ($54 for medium, $110 for jumbo, priced daily).