“Must Do Tourist Lunch or Dinner” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Crab Claw

The Crab Claw
Ranked #13 of 49 Restaurants in St. Michaels
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Michaels, Maryland, United States
“Must Do Tourist Lunch or Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Although Crab Claw is pretty pricey, it is in the perfect location to enjoy picking some crabs the good old Eastern Shore way. Located just outside the gates of the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, picnic tables on the dock or tables inside upstairs offer a lovely view of the St. Michaels Harbor. The food is good but be prepared to drop a dime. Order a couple dozen crabs, a side of cheese and pickles, and sip your favorite brew with a bunch of friends. Great time.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Liz L

Berlin, Maryland
“Food Eh!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Food was EH! View was great!!
I've eaten much better crab cakes in Calvert County!!!
We have eaten here twice and the food and service has been subpar. We will not make a return trip to this spot, just have a drink and enjoy the view if we need to!!

Visited November 2012
Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
“go for the hard shell crabs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

The Crab Claw is nothing fancy, but it is authentic, and, at the time of year we went (November) it is the only place we found in the area offering hard shell crabs. Be aware that in the off-season, the restaurant closes early.

Visited November 2012
Grasonville, Maryland
“Tourist spot but not bad.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stopped in over the summer with a pocket full of cash from a prior experience. The used to be a cash only establishment but we found that they now take CCs. Sitting out on the dock gives a great view of the harbor until some 45 foot plastic mansion docks right in front of you. We ordered ½ dozen medium sized crabs for an appetizer, they were nearly large sized and very good. I can’t recall what my wife had for her lunch but I spied the hard fry on the menu and had to indulge. For non-locals a hard fry is a hard crab with the shell and gills removed, stuffed with crab cake mixture, breaded and deep fried. These are an old school Baltimore delicacy and have become hard to find due to health reasons (they have some 4000 grams of fat ) . Mine was just as I remember hot, greasy and delicious. I will go back just of this alone!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Alexandria, VA
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I should have read more reviews before eating here. It was not terrible but not good. I had an oyster sandwich. For some reason, for $12.50, I thought they'd use good bread, not a hamburger roll. The oysters were tasteless. (We ate at The Narrows the next day, so I had something to compare to.) My companion said the shrimp salad was just ok. I didn't taste it but it looked like much too much mayo. On the other hand, the coffee was almost undrinkable. It looked like it was brewed (maybe hours before served) but it tasted like too-strong instant. And maybe I should have got crabs, instead.

• Visited November 2012