“Fried Oysters and Chili”
Review of Town Dock Restaurant - CLOSED

Town Dock Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Town Dock restaurant is located right on the waterfront with sweeping views of the harbor from every seat. Specializing in seafood, but offering steaks and seasonal specialties, Town Dock will satisfy any palate. Whether you're in casual attire or dressed for a special occasion you will feel comfortable in the friendly atmosphere. The downstairs bar and Fireside Lounge offer happy hour every day from 4-7pm. Dine in one of the expansive dining rooms or outside on the deck in the warmer weather. After dinner, visit Top of the Dock Bar & Lounge upstairs for one of the best views of the harbor and live entertainment when scheduled.If you are here for the day or staying overnight, Town Dock Restaurant is a must visit restaurant for lunch or dinner.
Ocean View, Delaware
“Fried Oysters and Chili”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stopped here for lunch after freezing at the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum. We were cold and looking for soup. We split some fried oysters (very good; light breading, not soggy and nice and hot) and an artichoke/crab dip (also good, but not enough artichoke for my wife's taste). I had the chili which was on special and my wife had Maryland Crab soup. My chili would have been excellent had it been warmer. It had fried polenta sticks on it. It was my first time for them and I loved 'em. Went perfectly with the spicy chili. If only a little warmer.

Visited January 2014

Easton, Maryland, United States
“Great Saturday night out”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stopped by over the weekend and enjoyed a great meal. I wanted a few special things with my meal that weren't on the menu and our server was great! She went and talked to the kitchen staff and they made my requests happen! It was great service all the way around, great meal. The view was great. The Town Dock staff does a 5 star job at going above and beyond. Would highly recommend

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Stephanie K
Hamlin, West Virginia
“Really really disappointed”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I drove a very long distance to Easton to deliver a dog. This establishment was recommended by one of the locals. My wife wanted to eat on the water. The reviews were good so we thought we would give it a try. Well let's say it was not worth the trip. Her coffee was Luke warm. My crab cakes had a odd smell and the French fries could have cooked longer. Her pasta dish listed as CC plater on the bill was bland. The service was friendly and the view was great. The tea selection was nice and hot. The highlight crab dip was very good. We did not finish our food Which is unusual for me. And she was very hungry as we had been on the road for 7 hours. What a disappointment. They were not busy at all. Enjoy

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank cdyer90
TDROC, Owner at Town Dock Restaurant, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
I am genuinely sorry that these folks had such a dissapointing time at Town Dock. Obviously I am posting this so our staff can learn from the bad reviews as well as being commended for the many positive ones we receive. Lukewarm coffee is the result of hot coffee being poured into a cold cup and then possibly sitting on a tray for too long before delivery. I have suggested to staff that we warm our cups with hot water first.
I am not sure what to say about the crab cakes except that we normally get fantastic comments. It's supposed to be a hardfast rule that guests are checked within two minutes or two bites when the main course is delivered. I am not sure if this happened, but we would have been happy to correct the situation at the time of service. There is a significant cost difference between the linguini dish and the crab cake platter so I am not sure if this was brought to our attention; crab cakes are the more expensive item and we are not in the business of overcharging our guests although Server errors do happen occasionally.
The guest states that we were not busy as if to imply the reason is that we serve terrible food and this is simply not the case. As one of the largest restaurants in this seasonal town it's hard to look full or busy in the middle of winter.
I am sorry we dissapointed the guests in so many ways. It's really our responsibility to make sure our guests are happy and in this instance we let them down.
buenos aires
“Great view, disappointing service and meal”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I entered the nearly empty restaurant on a cold winter day, and the hostess cheerfully seated me where I could enjoy a quiet peaceful view of the picturesque harbor. The fried calamari and house salad arrived very quickly. There ended the good experience. Alas the calamari were a bit soggy and about 25% of the lettuce leaves had browned edges. For dessert: the chocolate flourless cake arrived over 10 minutes after the coffee, which was good--and which I finished while still waiting for the cake. When it came, upon my request the waitress agreed to get me new coffee, and left, never to return. After putting the past-ripe, discolored strawberry on an empty plate, I tried the surprisingly tasteless, very cold cake, and decided to get it boxed and take home to have with some coffee there. I had to hunt down my waitress, who suddenly remembered my coffee order, which I told her I no longer waited (as I'd been there for well over an hour for this tiny meal). She responded something surly, then caught herself and apologized for my bad experience, and took the cake to box it up I handed the plate with the sad strawberry to the hostess with a note for the chef. The manager emerged to offer an earnest apology, saying that the next time I go there, I should let him know so that he personally can make sure I am well taken care of. I'll give it some thought as it is an exceptional venue. I'll watch for reviews that suggest the kitchen and wait staff are performing better first.

• Visited December 2013
I promised this guest a response and my apologies for my tardiness.
Cold winter day in a seasonal town with a restaurant of over 3000 square feet makes us look empty. If the calamari wasn't up to par we would have been happy to recook the order. Calamari sits on top of a chiffonade of red leaf lettuce. As a garnish it should look at its best. I have shared this review with the kitchen staff. The flourless chocolate cake is one of the few desserts we don't make in house. I agree with this guest and will be removing this item from our menu.
As to the service issues I can only say in this forum that they have been addressed. This guest and I only discussed the food quality issues and some slow service so I was not aware of the other issues until reading this review. Rudeness will not be tolerated; the staff knows this and I can honestly say I have only seen positive reviews concerning the friendliness of our staff even in situations when service has been an issue.
I have to point out one mitigating circumstance in this whole scenario. The guest arrived with an earbud, a computer tablet and in full conversation with someone on the line. This pretty much continued throughout the meal and communication with the Server was carried out through written notes on cocktail napkins. This is how I was made aware of a problem, which I then addressed with this guest. This in no way excuses our lapse in food quality or service. But is there a chance that in this situation the Server mis-understood direction or felt that the guest wanted a level of privacy? I don't know. I appreciate the guest allowing me to try and rectify the situation. The guest had already paid and was leaving the building so this is why I genuinely meant that on a return visit we would take care of lunch.
Duluth, Georgia, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food on the dock of the bay”
Reviewed December 6, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Very good crab cakes with lots of crab meat. Service was good and the oyster stew was outstanding! Restaurant on the water with great views

Visited November 2013