“Disappointed”
Review of Town Dock Restaurant - CLOSED

Town Dock Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Town Dock restaurant is located right on the waterfront with sweeping views of the harbor from every seat. Specializing in seafood, but offering steaks and seasonal specialties, Town Dock will satisfy any palate. Whether you're in casual attire or dressed for a special occasion you will feel comfortable in the friendly atmosphere. The downstairs bar and Fireside Lounge offer happy hour every day from 4-7pm. Dine in one of the expansive dining rooms or outside on the deck in the warmer weather. After dinner, visit Top of the Dock Bar & Lounge upstairs for one of the best views of the harbor and live entertainment when scheduled.If you are here for the day or staying overnight, Town Dock Restaurant is a must visit restaurant for lunch or dinner.
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We arrived at the Eastern Shore after a several hour drive looking for somewhere on the water to sit, relax and eat a late lunch. We thought Town Dock Restaurant was the perfect place for that.
It certainly has a very nice view and a lovely seating area outside. The hostess was pleasant and found a table for us in the shade, next to one of the few occupied tables. Service seemed slow especially since there were only a handful of customers there. I had a crab cake that was mostly filler and back fin with a little lump crab. My companion had fried oysters that were breaded heavily and an entree that was just ok. What was not ok was the service. Our waitress carried on a loud, long conversation about her personal life with the occupants of the table behind us every time she waited on them. I can tell you about her family, her college, her vocation. After a long drive we just wanted a quiet lunch overlooking the water. When I asked if our food would be coming soon the waitress became obviously angry and rude.

TDROC, Owner at Town Dock Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

With so many outstanding reviews, it just dissapoints the staff here when we do fail at meeting or exceeding our guests expectations. I am sorry these guests didn't appreciate the food. Everything in our kitchen is made from scratch, so there is always the possibility that the crab cakes weren't mixed to the proper ratio or the oysters were heavily breaded. I will show this review to the staff to reinforce the use of standardized recipes. I would still point out that most of our reviews rate the food at Town Dock very highly.

It sounds as though most of the problems were Server related; I would find this guest's particular problem very annoying myself. I'd like to know who the Server was, but without speaking directly to the guest, I can only guess. I can only imagine what the guests who this Server was speaking to thought; were they complicit or just as aggravated at the Server? My apologies.

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I had lunch here last week while visiting SM for the day. We were looking for a restaurant with a water view and stumbled upon this one. We sat on the outside deck. Our server was fabulous, knowledgeable about local history and the menu! I'm sorry I don't remember her name. I had the fish and chips and they were fabulous! Fish was fresh haddock and cooked perfectly. Fries were delicious too! I would definitely go back on my next visit.

1  Thank LeighD
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had excellent service and food at the Town Dock. The prices were fairly comparable to other restaurants in the area.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

There are plenty of good restaurants in St. Michaels, Town Dock is one of them.

We were fortunate to visit St. Michaels on a beautiful fall day; a day that demanded dining someplace with a view of the water. For that reason alone Town Dock Restaurant was a good choice. We sat at one of their outdoor tables, just at the edge of the dock. It was wonderfully quiet and the view was excellent. You need not be outdoors to enjoy the view; many of the inside tables offer a similar view - just not as close to the water.

We were there for lunch; the menu had a nice variety of selections. Both of us choose Fish & Chips and enjoyed our meals.

Our only complaint was that the service was good but just short of attentive. All-in-all, that is a pretty minor complaint. So, if you visit St. Michaels, give the Town Dock Restaurant a try. You will be glad you did.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We had a wonderful meal with our friends on the outside deck. The view was very nice. We were all very happy with our food. We had the delicious baked brie puffed pastry with fig to start, very nice salads, the yummy bread, great seared sea scallops, finger-licking good meaty ribs, and the excellent fish and chips. The experience was wonderful. This was our first time visit to St. Michaels. We loved the town and will definitely go back -- mainly to eat at this restaurant again! No disappointments here. Highly recommend it!