“Busy, busy, busy”

Bistro St. Michaels
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro St. Michaels is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 51 Restaurants in St. Michaels
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Welcome to Bistro St. Michaels. We create food that is rooted in traditional culinary styles, yet modern. We source the highest quality ingredients, purchase sustainable seafood and work with people who raise their animals naturally, as well as partner with farmers for the freshest vegetables available. All of this comes together under the hand of Executive Chef Doug Stewart a native of the Eastern Shore, whose "creative American" cuisine is prepared with a classic techniques..Many of our items are already gluten free or can be served gluten free. Thank you for taking the time to dine with us. We hope you enjoy our inspiration. Rob & Caroline Pascal, Owners
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Good food but it was so busy the only place we could sit was at the bar but I guess that got us the food quicker. Pricey but good.

There are newer reviews for Bistro St. Michaels

Reviewed September 23, 2013

What can you say when the restaurant is attractive, the food is good, plating is very aesthetic and I still had an uncomfortable feeling about the place?

The staff, that's what. I felt too hovered over by the two staff in the dining room. They both asked us too many times how we were enjoying the meal. Once would have been just fine. On taking our order, the server commented on how excellent, splendid, super, etc. everyone's choices were. Yes, this is a good technique but it was way way way overplayed and I felt like I was in a skit for SNL. It's not effective when overdone. They were a bit too chatty and 'oh my, how charming you guys are'. We were not charming and the one person in the party who engaged them was quite obnoxious.

Tone it down ladies. Welcoming and warm is good but don't overdo it.

Other than that, and the higher prices than the food justified, we had a very decent meal in a small and pretty dining room. I liked the rockfish main course--done just right, on a bed of buttery vegetables. The veggies were drowning in a little too much butter. They need to work on the balance.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Delicious meal. Appetizers to salad, entree to dessert. Professional, friendly, attentive service this past Saturday the 21st of Sept-Samantha waitress.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We enjoyed another great meal with friends at the Bistro. Food and service were amazing. My steak and fries were delicious with the steak perfectly cooked. Though they have a new owner, everything is still wonderful. We hope to return.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had brunch here on our trip to St. Michaels and absolutely loved this restaurant. The atmosphere was calm, relaxed and cosy. I had a quiche with figs, caramelized onions, and blue cheese with an arugula salad. The quiche was very flavorful--the best meal I've had in a long time. My husband had crab eggs benedict on asparagus and loved it too. We decided to come back for dinner this was such a great place. The waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu and the food and was polite and charming. I wish this restaurant was near our home.