“Not quite back, but still an excellent experience”
Review of 208 Talbot

208 Talbot
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in St. Michaels
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Not quite back, but still an excellent experience”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We had not been to 208 for several years as it went through multiple changes.
The ambience and service was very good. My first course, champagne oysters was first rate. The major problem we encountered was the main dish my wife ordered. A simple veal dish served over homemade pasta. The reduction on the veal was very salty and it destroyed the flavor of the dish.
I had Flounder which was wonderful. Overall a nice evening but there is still some work to be done.

• Visited June 2014

Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I love the hambergers”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I know 208 got lots to offer but I had a great hamburger. It was one of the best I have ever had. I was told it is OK to come in "casual". So it worked out great.

Visited June 2014
Pasadena, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, good service.”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The food was top notch as always. I had the veal scaloppini which was delicious, I only wish there were more mushrooms. My husband had the duo of duck. He said it was his favorite meal of our whole vacation. Bread pudding was delish, but I always prefer it a la mode. Service was a little slow, except for the water boy who stopped by regularly!

• Visited May 2014
Fairfax, VA
“Absolutely fantastic!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

The reviews matched our expectations for this restaurant. My husband and I both enjoyed every morsel of our meal from the appetizer salads to the yummy home made ice cream dessert. I loved the soft shell crab special, and my husband thought the flounder was outstanding. The service is great, and the atmosphere is romantic. A gem that we hope to return to someday!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank EstoLinda
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food and staff”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Loved it. The food was excellent. Very nice service too. I had the steak (out of this world ). Desserts were great too. Would definitely go back again.

Visited May 2014