“Accommodation excellence at its best”
Review of 208 Talbot

208 Talbot
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in St. Michaels
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Causal Fine Dining at its best!!! Creations by Chef David Clark featuring a Full Ala Carte Menu and Tavern Menu. Gift Card Sales Available!!
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This past weekend my husband and I traveled to St Michaels for a quick anniversary/getaway. We arrived later than expected due to work. When we got here we were starving. My husband suggested 208 Talbot remembering the exquisite dinner we had there years before. When we arrived there not realizing how late it was,8:45, we were greeted by a very friendly gentleman. He did explain to us that they normally stop serving at 8:00 on Thursday but was more than willing to ask the chef to take care of us. He quickly returned with a response of not a problem. We were seated at a nice cozy table nestled in the corner. We were greeted by a lovely woman who assured me it was not a problem that we kept them open despite my worry. She made us feel at home and relaxed. The food exceeded our expectations and the wines she recommended were wonderful. 208 Talbot, you have never disappointed. The food and wines are remarkable, wait-staff charming and kitchen incredible. Hats off to you. We will always be back!

1  Thank Sneakysquirrel

Reviewed March 24, 2013

A fine restaurant does not need crystal, Limoges, tuxedo-clad headwaiters or an equine-choking wine list.

A pretty room, smiling waitstaff and truly creative food ... Not just on the menu, but also ON the plate, is what is required. 2208 Talbot hits the mark. I am willing to order here things which normally are not favorites. I am happy to be "converted." Example: baked oysters. Before 208, not a fan. Now, Zowie?

When you visit ... Have a bivalve and thing of me

Reviewed March 2, 2013

For my Valentine's Day surprise to my wife, we spent the weekend in St. Michael's. We read a lot about 208 Talbot, but nothing did justice to the quality of the dining experience. I may have been the best dinner we've ever had.

We ordered Seared Scallop and Lobster Spring Rolls for our appetizers. I don't think I've seen bigger scallops, and they were perfectly cooked, with a little home-cured bacon on top. The rolls were crispy and light; not greasy at all like I've had elsewhere. Delicious thai chili sauce on the side made it an instant hit for us.

Our entrees just blew our minds. As seafood worshipers, we're used to boasts about quantity and quality, yet have been disappointed many times. Not here.

My wife ordered the Seared Snapper with Lump Crab, served over basmati rice, spinach, with a light lemon cream sauce. Heard nothing but "mmmmm!" coming from her. And the amount of snapper and crab was amazing!

Then as if to top that, I ordered the Seafood Vol au Vent. Admittedly, I had not idea what "vol au vent" is (a puff pastry), but that didn't even matter. There was so much seafood in this dish I had to stop and take it all in: jumbo shrimp, whopper scallops, half a small lobster tail, lump crab meat, all sandwiched between two light & flakey puffs with mushrooms, spinach and lobster cream sauce.

Straight outta seafood heaven. No question about it.

Then, as if we had space, my wife ordered the Bailey's Irish Cream Cheesecake. I hate cheesecake myself, but this was an eye-opener. Light and fluffy with that distinctive irish cream taste.

We love great food, and have no qualms about spending money on a great meal. This was the best we've ever had regardless of price, and that's saying a lot given the places we've been.

2  Thank Surferboi61
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Delicious food, fancy but not stuffy dining room, friendly wait staff, reasonably priced good wine, m-m-good Bailey's cheesecake - what's not to like?

1  Thank TA125
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Food was very good. Service was casual but very good (casual as opposed to the more formal Inn at Perry Creek). Wine by the glass choices were not so good, but the wine by the bottle list was extensive.