“Dinner out”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Dinner out”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Just had a wonderful meal at 208 Talbot. After our favorite restaurant closed we wondered where we would eat. We were not disappointed. Wonderful ambiance and delicious food. Got the crab spring roll appetizer and the halibut for dinner. Would definitely go back.

1 Thank murrayravnfan

North Bethesda, Maryland
“Super Tasty”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Went for dinner 2 nights in a row, great service, great food, great look and if this restaurant were in downtown DC you'd be very happy!

Visited September 2012
Radnor, Pennsylvania
“Great Spot”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My wife and I popped in for dinner Friday evening over Labor Day weekend. We arrived around 6pm without a reservation, so we were hoping to find a place at the bar. As expected no tables were available until 9pm, but fortunately there was space at the bar. The bartender recommended trying her mojito, which was excellent. We shared the calamari appetizer. This was arguably the best calamari we've had anywhere. For the entrees my wife had the rockfish special and I had the ribeye steak. Both were great. We finished up with the Bailey's creme brulee for desert. Another big hit. We had the pleasure of chatting with a couple of local residents over dinner. The overall friendly atmosphere complemented the excellent food. 208 is on our list of places to eat when we return to St Michaels.

Sarasota, Florida
“First night good, 2nd night not”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This will be the first non stellar review of this restaurant since it reopened. The first night we sat in a table in the bar and the service was great. The oyster appetizer and crab salad were great but the corvina was very very slightly overcooked, however, the jumbo crabmeat and sauce on top was very nice. The second night we had regular reservations and were seated at a table right into the flow of waiter traffic- not good. Our server was rushed , not helpful, inattentive, and not friendly. Our appetizers were served very quickly and I was concerned that they would immediately bring us our entrees so I asked for a little time in between. The server said would 10 minutes be OK and that was just fine but after 45 minutes of completely ignoring us even when we waved to her, she came up to us and asked if the chef could cook our meal now. We had to flag another server down to order more bread and a drink. My wife's soft shells were perfectly done, but my fish was significantly overcooked. The underlying crab meat was great and we has waited so long that I did not bother to send it back but I should have. I think the chef overcooks the fish and I think the service here is mixed. The owner who is very friendly needs to be aware.

3 Thank kod
Maryland
“Loved!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Good food, cute location, attentive staff. Staff knew about gluten allergy, but perhaps more GF items could be added to the menu in the future.

Visited September 2012