“A beautiful experience!”

George Brooks House B&B
Ranked #4 of 13 St. Michaels B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Will was so sweet to accommodate my husband and I and our infant son. The room was beautiful- comfy bed and fantastic jacuzzi tub. Breakfast was delicious. Will definitely return. Though the location is a little bit off the main drag, I would recommend this B&B to anyone traveling to St. Michaels.

• Stayed: August 2013
There are newer reviews for George Brooks House B&B

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We totally enjoyed our stay at the George Brooks House B&B. It was our first experience staying at a B&B and I'm so happy we chose GBH. The room was cozy and clean. The view of the pool and garden area was beautiful. We met new folks and enjoyed their conversation while having a delicious breakfast each morning. Will was friendly and extremely helpful with suggestions for restaurants and sightseeing adventures throughout our stay. I look forward to returning to beautiful St Michaels and the George Brooks House B&B as soon as possible.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were in town from Los Angeles for my sister-in-law's wedding for an extended weekend and decided to stay at the George Brooks house mainly because it had a pool. I was VERY happy with our decision. The pool was great and to my surprise rarely used during the day so it made for a nice relaxing setting to read and decompress. I would give the GBH an A++ especially for the Bed and the Breakfast (hmmm imagine that). The bed was SO comfortable we didn't want to get out of it in the morning but the breakfast was so amazing that we always made sure to show up just in time. Every morning the breakfast was different and it was always amazing. Will was extremely helpful and all of his suggestions regarding dining and sight-seeing were right on the money. I have to say that I normally don't take the time do these reviews but I was so impressed with everything and everyone at GBH that I made sure to take time do write this. I highly recommend GBH and would not stay anywhere else in St. Michaels.

1  Thank Greg A
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We recently stayed at GBH for a late weekend getaway. This B&B was a great choice for the weekend. The house was beautifully restored approximately 10 years ago. It has kept its historical charm, but has modern amenities and characteristics that are really appreciated, like the individual room thermostats. The room we stayed in was spacious, comfortable, and had its own porch that led into the garden/pool area, which was really convenient. The indoor common areas were homey. They were some areas that could have used a deeper cleaning, but this is a B&B with limited staff who may not have time to get everything done during the peak season.

The outdoor porch and pool area were really nice. The pool was extremely clean, the teak (?) patio furniture was comfortable, and the porch had a steady supply of cold beverages.

We also appreciated the large collection of DVDs for downtime watching and the large supply of bikes that we used to get around town. The B&B is within walking distance to town, but bikes are the better option since a part of St. Michael's Road doesn't have a sidewalk.

Will was really helpful during our trip. When I called to say that we'd be arriving later, he gave me details about how to check in and even provided me with information about late night dining options. He also made it a point to tell everyone at breakfast about the options for taking part in the War of 1812 bicentennial activities and other attractions nearby.

Room Tip: If hearing people travel up and down the stairs bothers you, don't stay in room #1. This didn...
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Went to St. Michaels for a wedding and several of us stayed here for 4 days. The inn is very charming and relaxing. The breakfasts were amazing--different every day. The service was great and Will was very accommodating. There is a lot of history in this inn and in the surrounding area and Will gave us lots of tips. I loved that the inn was off the beaten path of the main strip, but close enough that I walked there every morning for my morning walk. My room overlooked the back of the house where the pool and the gardens are located. It was very peaceful in the morning when I would have my coffee sitting by the pools and looking out toward the gardens. I highly recommend staying here! You can tell that Will really takes his ownership of the inn seriously.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 6 which overlooked the back; my other family members stayed in rooms 7 and 8 and th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The George Brooks House was a great find! Will was very accommodating and gave us great recommendations for fabulous dinner finds and attractions in the area. The breakfasts were delicious. Our room was very nice. It overlooked the back of the house, which included the pool and garden. The house also provided bikes, which we rode into town and used to explore other parts of St. Michaels. We highly recommend the George Brooks House and look forward to another relaxing stay in the near future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The inn is a little removed from the main strip of St. Michaels, but provides a relaxing, fun atmosphere with a clean pool and hot tub, and really good breakfasts (as well as cookies/pastries). The room we had was large, with no bathtub, but a new shower, and separate sink in the main bedroom. The doorknobs may be a little loose, and locks hard to open on the doors, but that comes with being an older building. Nothing to dissuade someone who is looking for a fun summer get-away. It is possible to walk into town, though there are no sidewalks for the first 100-200 meters of the trip (the whole walk down-town is about a half-mile / 15 minutes by foot).