“dog and dietary friendly”
Review of Gina's

Gina's
Ranked #6 of 53 Restaurants in St. Michaels
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 3, 2014

My girlfriend and I took our dog to Gina's for dinner on Saturday night. We sat in their quirky, inviting backyard and were promptly served by our friendly waitress. My girlfriend is on a dairy and wheat-free diet, so they easily adapted their dishes to her, bringing us only corn tortilla chips with our guacamole and salsa, and serving her mango shrimp tacos on corn tortillas. I enjoyed a beer and their tuna tacos. We were incredibly happy with not only our food, which was perfectly seasoned and cooked, but also with the staff and atmosphere. They brought us water for our dog and really took care of us. After the meal we stayed to play a round of bags in their yard, which they had already set up near their outdoor fire pit. It was the perfect ending to a great meal. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank Steve R

Reviewed July 30, 2014

My husband and I were strolling around, this little funky place with a casual few table sin the backyard (and inside too) appealed to us. When the menu arrived (promptly), we realized this woudl not be your usual 'Mexican' fare. We got the three dips combo, and it was worth it. The chips were good and the dips themselves very interesting, even though not as spicy as I would have expected from he description. The We ordered the tacos, and again, very tasty, one with with very fresh tuna, the other with blackened salmon. The drinks we had were also notable: my cucumber margarita
was wonderfully balanced and very flavorful.

We liked it so much we returned for lunch the following day, and again, friendly service and -good- food appeared. The nachos were not the gloppy mess one sees sometimes, but a well constructed and rich ensemble of flavors.

If we go back to St Michaels, Gina will be our first stop.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stopped in on our arrival so we were STARVING, walked through the kitchen to get to the restroom and passed a guy mixing up guac that looked so magical I wanted to stick my face in it. I swear I did not. The guac, the bean dip, and the hummus were all very very good! Other people got meals but I admit I was so in love with the freshly made margars (meaning REAL lime juice people no crappy mixes in these delic delights) I think I forgot I was eating there.

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

It's one thing to find a hidden gem in a small town; it's another to find even the small, "cheap eats" kind of place establishing a new gastronomic high. Truly, St. Michaels has an insane grouping of top restos, and Gina's has to be included. We shared a sampler of four sauces with house-made chips - several varieties - followed by gazpacho and two melts. Perfection. And let's not overlook the outstanding local beers on tap. Shame on you if you don't include Gina's on your "must-dine-here" list. (For lunch, arrive at noon and sit in the garden. It doesn't get any better!)

Reviewed July 19, 2014

A small, fun place with a great vibe. Somewhat non-traditional Mexican dishes - crab nachos and ahi tuna tacos were great.