Five Gables Inn & Spa
St. Michaels Harbour Inn, Marina & Spa(St. Michaels)(Great Value!)
$249
$695
$356
St. Michaels Inn(St. Michaels)
$90
$158
Tidewater Inn(Easton)(Great Value!)
$159
$154
Hampton Inn Easton(Easton)(Great Value!)
$135
Holiday Inn Express Easton(Easton)(Great Value!)
$121
$112
HIExpress.com
Harbourtowne Resort(St. Michaels)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsindoor poolcontinental breakfastsauna and steam roommain buildinghard boiled eggsgas fireplacemy husband and ifresh muffinsget awayoff seasonlocation is excellentshops and restaurantsdog bedin townpleasant staytalbot stwonderful weekend
Reviewed January 2, 2005

We went over the holiday weekend - New Years Eve. There are alot of nice features - i.e. electric fireplace in the room, whirl pool tub, gift basket, Aveda products, and Frette linens and towels. As the other review states, the breakfast is truly a continental so don't expect much beyond muffins and toast. My massage was fair - I would have been upset if I was paying out of pocket(it was included in the package). It's expensive but we did enjoy it. St. Michaels is very quiet at this time of year so it is a nice escape.

The walls are very, very thin. I am amazed how much you can hear in the other room.

2  Thank foodienaptown
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed January 2, 2005

Now, the last time I visited an Inn that received rave reviews on this website, I was seriously disappointed with my stay. For that particular trip, I didn't visit this website until after I got back and I was wondering if all the people who gave that inn (not to mention names, but it's in Canton maryland) rave reviews stayed at the same place I did. Anyway, to avoid a repeat of that nightmare, I checked out the reviews for Five Gables on this website before I booked the trip. I am in PR so I'm pretty good at differentiating between whiny complaining reviews and honest ones. I decided to take the risk and booked my trip as a Christmas present to my incredible picky and particular boyfriend who also has impeccable taste. I thought it would be a nice get away from our incredibly demanding and stressful lives. And, boy was I pleasantly surprised. Our room was well appointed, nice, comfortable and sensual. Unlike most B&Bs, our room was not loaded with doilies and rags dolls (you know, nothing gets you in the mood more than a Raggedy Ann doll sitting on the bed ;). We got the King room at the end of the hall with the double whirlpool (Room 5) and that was great. We took a very nice soak the night we got there and sat by the fire in our room. The next day we had the His and Hers spa treatment that included the bath and massage. It was very nice and relaxing and just what my busy man and I needed. Regarding the food, I do think they can do more for the breakfast. You know, when you spend that kind of money you would like for someone to be in the kitchen scrambling some eggs and frying up some bacon. They had muffins and juice; not exactly a meal fit for a king. We never ate breakfast there but luckily the restaurants in the town are good. The first day we went to the restaurant right next door for breakfast and had a pretty bad experience with the crab omelet (there were shells in every bite). The owners of that restaurant understood how unacceptable that was and comped our entire meal. Can't complain about that. But the Bistro and the Town Dock were nice for lunch and dinner. There was great shoppping at Coco's and a great place for breakfast right across from Coco's (can't remember the name, but the breakfast was good, not fine dining but good). Basically, what you will find at this spa is relaxation in modern but comfortable surroundings, a cute town, and great spa services. What you will not find is an overly attentive staff and great food. I'm at work today and everyone says that I am glowing. I think that says it all!!!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 31, 2004

We expected more fruit and variety for breakfast. The ad mentioned a bountiful breakfast but all we got was muffins and breads. There was no bananas, oranges, or even apples. There was a few small pitchers of juices but we were so annoyed at the skimpy selection we just left for a real breakfast down the road.

The massages were nice, the soaking tub was the best. Picking the aroma was kind of nice as well.

The hotel room was cute at first, but when the neighbor next door used the jetted tub, it shook through the paper thin walls.

The front desk didn't really treat us nicely, that was insulting since it was so much money and a Hampton Inn would have been half the price with better service.

5  Thank Randomviolinist