“Relaxing Place to Stay”

Five Gables Inn & Spa
Ranked #9 of 13 St. Michaels B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 30, 2008

This was our first visit to Five Gables and to St. Michaels. We stayed in one of the suites and loved it!

Pros:
- Very comfortable bed.
- Two person tub was actually comfortable for two people.
- The spa was wonderful!!! My husband and I got the best massages we had had in quite a while and also enjoyed the hydrotherapy tubs.
- The suite we stayed in on the 2nd floor of the brick house was very quiet and peaceful.
- Barbara was nice and friendly and fun to talk to.

Cons:
- No bottled water or tea in brick house and only coffee in the morning.
- TV only had a VCR and the selection of VHS movies at the Inn was very limited.
- The person who checked us in and who was in the dining room in the morning wasn't very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 7, 2008

My wife and I try and spend a winter weekend in St. Michaels every year. This was our first time staying at The Five Gables, and I am confident to say that we will be returning every year. The staff was extremely helpful, accomodating, and kind. They even went as far as recommending a fantastic restaurant and calling in reservations for us.

We stayed in the main house which was perfect. We took advantage of our private balcony & fireplace - in addition to the steam room, sauna, and indoor pool.

All in all, our weekend was memorable and most of all, enjoyable. We would recommend Five Gables to any couple looking to escape to St. Michaels.

Thanks to Barbara for all of her help and hospitality.

Scott & Jess
Baltimore, MD

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2008

The Five Gables was a very nice place to spend a Fall night. The room, while not large, was very clean with a little balcony, a fireplace, a jacuzzi tub and a very comfortable bed. The TV wasn't very good, however, and they only had VHS which I was a bit disappointed in because I brought a movie...but not a deal breaker.

I found this place a bit overpriced at $275 ($300 including tax) but it was my birthday, so we splurged a little. Would I go back, definitely. But there are so many other places to stay, we would probably try another B&B.

Also, the coffee served the next day was DELICIOUS! We didn't eat the included breakfast because my husband wanted a hot breakfast. I would have preferred the continental one the provided. Maybe next time!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2008

I absolutely loved my stay at the Inn. The staff was pleasant, the room was beautiful. I did take advantage of the spa services which were also amazing! The town of St. Michael's is adorable and very welcoming to out of town travelers. As a single woman traveling alone, I felt completely comfortable in the town and at the Inn. The local food and attractions provided me with plenty to do during my weekend stay. I absolutely reccomend Five Gables to anyone looking for a relaxing getaway!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2008

The staff was very friendly and helpful and went out of their way to help us rearrange some of our plans in the St. Michaels area when the weather was uncooperative. The room we stayed in was immaculate and the breakfast room was cheerful and offered an excellent continental breakfast. The on premises spa was a delight. Only one very minor criticism: the water in the in door heated pool was rather cold so we did not use it as much as we might have liked. Have stayed in St. Michaels several times and the 5 Gables offers the best accomodations in our experience.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2008

Having visited the B&B about six times I can say this place is near perfect. I have gone alone (to escape the kids, husband and dog) as well as with the husband and dog, and with my sister. Off season is my favorite time the town is quiet and the shops are just so cute and you can walk to everything. It is inviting without being intrusive. Highly recommend this place to everyone. How about a frequent guest program?

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed October 24, 2008

My girlfriend (we''re both our 60's came to Five Gables as a treat to ourselves for our birthdays. We had a wonderful time except my snoring kept her awake. We both had a spa treatment and walked all over town and ate at the 208 Talbot Restaurant. There was nothing we could have improved upon except my snoring. Would love to come a stay again. Ginny Cunningham

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple