“Hidden Gem in St Michael's” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ava's Pizzeria & Wine Bar

Ava's Pizzeria & Wine Bar
Ranked #2 of 49 Restaurants in St. Michaels
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza, Wine Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Hidden Gem in St Michael's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Every time we return to St. Michaels we always go to Ava's. We found it a few years back and it just gets better! If you are looking for great food in an unpretentious setting thisis it! They also have a doggie menu for outside seating. Very smart!

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Great lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We asked a local shopkeeper where to have lunch. Before she could answer several customers in the shop were not only volunteering their opinion that we should go to Ava's but they were arguing about what we should order! We took their advice on Ava's and went our own way on what to order. The decor was pleasant and we were seated very close to the kitchen. We saw all of action and all of the food that was about to be served. We went from hungry to crazy in about a second! My wife ordered a nicely spicy barbecued chicken and avocado salad and I ordered a meatball sub and we both had the tomato soup. The soup was (oh this pains me) better than I make. My wife's salad was beautifully presented with half a ripe avocado. I never order a meatball sub for lunch but for whatever reason I thought this was the time and I was right ! It was flavorful, the meat was lean the sauce and cheese was balanced but the crisp panini bread made this plain jane sub delightful. Our server was on the ball, humorous and seemed to be enjoying his job. Everything looked crisp and clean and just great for a quick lunch.
My only problem was that I was facing the kitchen and as every order was put up I wanted to taste everything I saw. It all looked and smelled fantastic.

Manchester, Maryland
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We ate two meals at Ava's while in St. Michaels. The pizza is wonderful! We also had the meatball sliders. We would definitely recommend them - and we'd go back just for the sliders.

• Visited September 2013
Ashburn, Virginia
“Must try!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Everything was top notch especially the homemade potato chips with freshly grated Parmesan cheese!
Very cozy and you could hold a conversation without shouting.

• Visited July 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

The food was good and resonably priced. The bread was outstanding and we had then bake a loaf for us to take with us. Wine list was satisfactory and the service was outstanding. A good place to ear.