“Lunch”

Ava's Pizzeria & Wine Bar
Ranked #2 of 52 Restaurants in St. Michaels
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We enjoyed our lunch there. The patio area was very quiet, comfortable and picturesque. There is a mosaic mural that is very well done, and a water feature that adds a nice touch to the space.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I'll tell you right up front, the pizza was great. Is a 12 inch pizza worth $12...perhaps if you're starving. You go to a restaurant for two reasons...the food and/or the ambiance. This had one of the two and that's OK for a pizza joint.

I wish we could rate the entire experience on those two items but we can't. Sites like this focus on the entire ordeal. The wait staff is horrible. Not a single personality amongst the four of them on this night. It wasn't too late they could have been tired, it wasn't too early that they weren't on their game yet...they were just boring, unfriendly...blah!

I don't expect a butt kissing because I'm patronizing your establishment, but I do expect you to try to carry on a conversation and try to make us feel at ease in an unfamiliar town. I can go to a college town and have more fun, better food and cheaper prices...but we came to St. Michaels to visit this nice little quiet town and to get away from college towns.

We'll try lunch tomorrow elsewhere and let that make our decision as to whether we will ever come back to this town. I gave it a "terrible" in two categories only because its not a romantic or special occasion kind of place. If I were the owner and wanted repeat business...I'd be searching for professional/friendly wait staff!

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Nice lunch spot in St. Michael's. We got a white pizza w/roasted garlic and caramelized onions, which was above average (we thought could have been a little more flavorful, though) and yummy "boardwalk" fries with Old Bay!
Their pizzas do have a VERY thin crust--good if you like that style pie.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We happened on this place when in town. The pizza was FABULOUS. We had the Chef's Choice. Prices are reasonable for gourmet food like this. Great beer and wine selection, too.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Ava's was a personal recommendation and it didn't disappoint. The vegetable Panini and short rib sandwich were delicious. The homemade chips were unbelievable. We chose to sit in the courtyard outside which was really nice. We would highly recommend to anyone visiting the area.

1  Thank Carol T