“Cool menu, accommodating staff...service was a bit slow though.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ava's Pizzeria & Wine Bar

Ava's Pizzeria & Wine Bar
Ranked #2 of 49 Restaurants in St. Michaels
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza, Wine Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cool menu, accommodating staff...service was a bit slow though.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

They had a lot of varieties of pizza and got my husband to try something new, which is a feat! The waiter made up a side salad for me that was not on the menu but was just perfect. But, we had to wait awhile for our food, and he said a pizza was a meal for one. Wrong! They were huge! My husband and I ate the equivalent of 1 between us. While on vacation we had no place for leftovers, plus the pizzas were EXPENSIVE! Great location though on the main drag and overall a fun place.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

“Not just a pizzeria!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on our first of 2 nights in st michaels. Good Italian food. We come from an area in CT with great Italian food and we've had trouble in the past finding good Italian food in Maryland. Ava's was a pleasant surprise. We really liked the atmosphere inside. I wish we had been able to get a table outside, but it was a little chilly. Sat at the bar before dinner and that was nice too. I would highly recommend Ava's.

“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Had a great meal at Ava's. Very nicely decorated inside and the back patio looks like a great place to eat. My wife and I split the spaghetti and meatballs which was more than enough for the 2 of us. We also tried the bread pudding which is very good. I don't think we could have had better service either, all in all a excellent dining experience.

Visited April 2013
Millersburg
“Awesome flavors”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

A easter weekend get away for my wife and I included a lunch stop at Ava's. It was a Saturday and the place was hopping. They took our cell number and sent a text when the table was ready. A great idea.

The flavors were perfection. We both had a beef sandwhich which melted in your mouth. Water was awesome and everyone was friendly.

The only bad this was we were not offered nor told about the outdoor seating area. When I saw it, I wished we had been given the option as it was very cool looking. Water feature and afire places out side. When we return, which we will, we will ask to be seated outside.

“So good went twice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had originally gone there for lunch, the food was so good we went back for dinner. Homemade meatballs are very good.

Visited February 2013