“Best in casual dining in St. Michaels!”

Ava's Pizzeria & Wine Bar
Ranked #2 of 51 Restaurants in St. Michaels
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
West Chester
“Best in casual dining in St. Michaels!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

During our last weekend visit to St. Michaels we ate at Ava's twice. Do we like this place or what? Had lunch and dinner there, marguerita pizza with arugula and prosciutto toppings, pasta with clams, homemade potato chips with parmagian cheese, house salad. All fresh and delicious! Ava's is always one of our first stops when we stay over in St. Michaels. Worth visiting; relax, enjoy some great food in a casual atmosphere.

1 Thank Michael400

Hughesville, MD
“Ava's is worth the drive in itself”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Saturday, the day before Easter, the weather was in the low 50's so we decided it would be a good day to make the two hour drive to Ava's for lunch. Ava's is in the midst of St. Michael's winery, shops and restaurants. This is about our fourth visit to Ava's. We arrived at 12:40p and were told it would be a thirty minute wait unless we wanted to sit at the bar. We were delighted because I think sitting at the bar just adds to the atmosphere, a small quaint place. The other people at the bar were very friendly and we ended up ahhing and ewwing over each others dishes. There wine selection is nice as well. I had three Ravioli dish and the green bean / prochetta, both were fantastic. My husband had the soup of the day which was a thick tomato bisque that he loved with a side of french fries topped blue cheese. Just stating the items does not do it justice. These items sound like ordinary food items but they are not just ordinary at Ava's,............fantastic! The couple to our left got an encrusted oyster slider and meatball's which they could not eat fast enough it was so good. The couple to our right had some hot elongated powdery dough with a sauce for dessert that they said is out of this world, wish I remembered the name of it. Two woman on the other side of the bar got a huge plate of homemade chips which they could only eat half of because they also got homemade gourmet pizza. We have had the homemade pizza on previous visits and it was always delicious. I don't think their is a wrong answer on the menu. The only negative is that it's not closer to home. After we ate, the weather was warming up so we strolled the streets and browsed in a couple of shops. One place had a guy playing guitar which was nice. What a wonderful way to spend the day.

• Visited March 2013
Annapolis, Maryland
“Casual, nice wine bar”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We dined at Ava's on the first night of our stay in St. Michaels. It's the perfect spot for just getting to town. It's casual, low key and the food is fresh and delicious. We had salads, pizza and wine which was a great way to start the weekend.

Visited March 2013
York, Pennsylvania
“Best place for pizza in St. Michaels!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I were in St. Michaels last September for a weekend getaway. Friends of ours recommended Ava's, saying how good the food was and how nice it was, so we stopped in Saturday afternoon for lunch. We were not disappointed. The pizza was soooo good! I could've eaten there every day, but we wanted to try a few places since we'd never been there. When I come back though, it might be a daily stop. The only reason I'm not giving it an "excellent" review is that our server wasn't very attentive. We barely saw him. But aside from that, the place is great. Definitely stop if you get a chance!

• Visited September 2012
Lutherville, Maryland
“My favorite place in St. Michaels”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Two friends and I went there a few weeks ago on a rainy, wintery day while walking around town shopping and found it to be a warm inviting oasis! The service was excellent, the wine selection was very good, and the food really outstanding! One of my friends had a special ravioli dish which was delicious and my friend had a unique and flavorful gourmet pizza, and both enjoyed their dishes immensely. I also tasted them and was impressed as well. I had the most yummy house salad and panko encrusted fried oysters which were really out of this world. This is my absolute favorite place to dine in St. Michaels-for the ambience, wine, food, and service are all outstanding. My friend lives a block away and I always want to eat at Ava's when I visit her. She goes regularly as it is just that consistently excellent! You will not be disappointed here!

• Visited February 2013