“Fantastic!”

Ranked #1 of 13 St. Michaels B&B and Inns
Washington, DC
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2007

I always think it's helpful to know who writes these reviews, so for your planning purposes - we are a couple in our mid 30's, living in Washington, DC. We had a terrific stay in the Chesapeake Room. The room was beautiful, the bed was super comfortable, the customer service was exceptional and the food was delicious. They even made a special vegetarian breakfast with a lot of food, not just a scone for us. This was a perfect overnight getaway from Washington, DC. We would definitely return.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LGDC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Bethesda, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2007

First of all, wow, I guess I did not realize how easy it is to post the reviews here, so I am more than a year over due, but I am quite sure things could only have changed for the better at the Old Brick Inn in St. MIchaels. When I use the term "bliss," I mean it because, it was such a dream to get married here, the hosts are completely accomodating in absolutely every way, it is so lovely and intimate, I cant think of anywhere else we would rather have gone, and everyone that stayed at the Inn loved it. John and Sally sent us to the best restaurant in town where we held our reception, hint NOT the Wedding Crashers place, and they were just wonderful to our family, serving a nice breakfast in the morning especially for them. Meanwhile my husband and I enjoyed the last moments of our stay in the tub in the French Country room (I think that is what it is called) where we had been greeted with the sweetest, most thoughtful wedding night decor courtesy of Sally, including candles and flowers from the wedding. This is a very much belated thank you again to the Old Brick Inn. We hope to return someday soon!

• Tips/Secrets — Go to The Shore restaurant
  • Stayed November 2005
3 Thank mauiinapril
Greensboro, NC / North Myrtle Beach, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2006

The Old Brick Inn provides a wonderful getaway from one's mundane life. The Inn is perfectly situated in St. Michaels for easy access to all the village has to offer.

The Innkeeper was very friendly, and kindly made our dinner reservations for us.

Our room was very large, and located in an addition to the original 1816 structure. The bed was large and comfortable; the "memory foam" mattress topper was a very nice touch (I have one on my own bed at home, and usually miss it when I travel)! My only quibble with the room itself was that it did not have hardwood floors (a "must" for that historic atmosphere), but instead featured emerald green wall-to-wall carpeting. Also, the accessories and reproduction furnishings were a bit "downscale" for the prices the Inn commands at the height of the tourist season...one of the "objets d'art" still had its T.J. Maxx pricetag! (To be fair, however, St. Michaels is a pricey town itself, and The Old Brick Inn's rates are not unreasonable for the area).

The bathroom was quite roomy and functional. The Inn provides nice soaps and toiletries, and thick, soft towels. The "rainfall" showerhead gave me quite a nice shower! However, the linoleum needs to be replaced (ceramic tile, please!) and the bath could use some spackling and painting.

The breakfast was delicious and generous: cereals, fruit salad, yogurt, granola, toast and jelly, Eggs Benedict with crabmeat, herbed potatoes, and tea/coffee/juice.

Homemade cookies are available 24/7 (the ginger ones were divine), as are complimentary tea and coffee. Guests are limited to one complimentary soda, with additional ones being 50 cents each. In my opinion, asking guests to pay for extra drinks is rather tacky, especially at The Old Brick Inn's price-point! After all, how many sodas can one person drink overnight? I've never encountered this at any other B&B (and I have stayed in many of them). Perhaps this policy is due to a bad past experience?

My minor quibbles should not keep you from staying at The Old Brick Inn...I only mention them so you are fully informed. I certainly recommend the inn to anyone planning a sojourn to St. Michaels.

• Liked — Great location and food
  • Disliked — Slightly downscale appointments
  • Tips/Secrets — Book early, as the Inn fills quickly
  • Stayed October 2006
2 Thank history_prof_2b
Malvern, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2006

My wife and I have stayed at several B&B's in the past, and this by far was the best. From the miinute we arrived we were treated like old friends. Our hosts were extremely personable and accomodating. We stayed in the Chesapeake Room which was superb. It had the quaintness we were looking forward and the pampering we were used to (plasma sceen television and electric fire place). The oversized room made us feel as if we were in a presidential suite. To our surprise, we were offered the option of having breakfast delivered to our room (unique to the Chesapeake room only), but we enjoy the entire B&B atmosphere and decided to be join the rest of the Inn for breakfast. The food was absolutely delicious and I am astounded by a prior posting that gave such a negative review. The selections and uniqueness of the food was beyond our expectations. The location is perfect for getting anywhere in St. Michael's without a car. We took a side trip to Easton and walked around the historic district, which was very quiant, but I would skip Oxford and Tilghman Island which doesn't seem to have much of a town area, and lacks the charm of St. Michaels. Beautiful for sitiing and watching the water, and day go by, however. The pictures of the Inn on the web don't do it justice. It has to be seen to truly appreciate the history of the building. We had dinner at The Inn at Perry Cabin, so it was nice to see, but I would still return to the Old Brick Inn the next time we are in town. Did I mention the fresh baked cookies each night??

• Liked — The friendliness, cleanliness, and history of the building
  • Disliked — The noisy guests above us.
  • Tips/Secrets — If you can afford the Chesapeake Room...go for it!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GCDO
Cabin John, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2006

In town for a wedding, the Old Brick Inn was one of several lodgings recommended by the bride's mother. We chose the Old Brick Inn primarily because we liked the idea of being in walking distance from shopping, restaurants and other tourist attractions. We were also bowled over by the mostly superlative reviews. We were not disappointed; starting with the innkeepers' warm greeting on our arrival(and the delightful news we'd been upgraded to the lovely Tuscany Room), the complimentary chocolate truffles on the dressing table, the very comfortable bed and the absolute quiet at night, the fantastic warm scones made with fresh blueberries and the tasty egg dish at breakfast...we couldn't have been more satiated, satisfied and refreshed by our two day visit. My advice: bring your own bikes, those available to rent in downtown St. Michaels are pretty sub-par and the bike ride to Oxford, taking the oldest ferry in the state, is a great experience. Plus you need to work off the scones.

• Liked — the food
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
virginia beach, va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2006

This was a very enjoyable experience for my wife and I. Our hosts were exceptional and made our stay memorable. The breakfasts were 'gormet' quality. I would highly recommend the Old Brick Inn to anyone.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
marlton,nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2006

my wife and i honeymooned at the old brick inn in st. michaels, maryland the last week of july,2006. this inn is so romantic and the innkeepers, sally and john, are fantastic. the breakfast every morning was unbelievable. they have a pool in their courtyard, which is unusual for a bed and breakfast, that is a real treat as it was very hot during our stay. if you are looking for a romantic hideaway this is the place to go. my wife and i actually have nothing to say but wow!!!!!! we will be back soon.

Stayed July 2006