The Old Brick Inn
Ranked #1 of 13 St. Michaels B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 24, 2008

Lovely accommodations, great location, terrific breakfasts. Spent 4 nights at the Old Brick Inn for an anniversary (35th) and had a great time. The inn keeper (owner) could not be more accommodating. The Inn description of their facilities was accurate. Check for worthwhile specials that the Inn offers. Go for the Rebecca T. Ruark Skipjack sail, the Captain is "salty" and a knowledgeable bayman.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1obiwan

Reviewed July 7, 2008

The Old Brick Inn has nice rooms and great breakfast. The courtyard was very nice to lounge in and use the pool (small pool - nice to sit in). It is situated right in the center of town so it was close to shopping, restaurants, and the Chesapeake Museum. We never had to use our car! The people at the Inn couldn't have been nicer. I definitely recommend it for a nice quiet getaway!

1  Thank Petunia59
Reviewed July 2, 2008

My husband and I recently stayed at the Old brick Inn for our anniversary. Overall, it was a wonderful experience. The accomodations are lovely, the owners and staff were friendly and helpful with offering suggestions for sightseeing and dining. The breakfast served in the dining room was very good, a great selection of hot and cold breakfast items, something for everyone. The B&B is very conveniently located, right on Talbot St, the heart of St. Michaels with plenty of shopping, dining and drinking establishments. The outdoor pool and hottub are very well maintained and a nice way to relax before dinner. Highly recommended.

1  Thank singlis
Reviewed June 25, 2008

I have stayed at the inn previously and was very pleased. The staff has changed and it is very noticable. The breakfast was something that was normal at best. Had this been cooked in my home I would have suggested some alternatives. The inn was somewhat tense. I could feel the tension when I met the owner, who was on site at the time of my visit. His administrative assistant was rude at best. I don't beleive polite is in her vocabulary. I was terribly disapointed and will be looking for lodging elsewhere. St. Micheals is a wonderful area and I will return but will not stay at this B&B.

2  Thank 1disappointedgirl
Reviewed June 20, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the bed and breakfast mid-week when the town is markedly quieter and found the service and location to be ideal. Breakfast was a wonderful surprise every morning with creative recipes and the freshest ingredients. There were many examples of attention to detail from the individual bath robes to the varieties of teas. They personalized every interaction even graciously giving us a baby gift noticing that we were expecting our first child.

Reviewed June 14, 2008

My husband and I booked our reservation based on TripAdvisor reviews and website of the Old Brick Inn. We like staying at bed and breakfasts because of the great food you can get a nice room anywhere it is the food that matters to us.

We sat in the dining room and watched the cook pour eggs from a carton into a frying pan. We had unseasoned scrambled eggs, a potato and sausage dish, a fruit bowl and a pastry. We were looking forward to trying some of the recipes from the website and instead we got a very mediocre tasteless breakfast. Not at all what we were promised when we made our reservations or what is said on the website. I was talking to another person in the dining room and she said she had been there before and it was not the same anymore and that she would not be back either.

I talked to a housekeeper about the breakfast and she told me that the former innkeeper who did all of the cooking left and that someone else was doing the cooking now.

The room was nice, the innkeeper was friendly and helped me make dinner reservations, the pool area is nice, and I liked laying out by the pool, but for the money it was not worth it, we dont mind paying good money but next time we will stay at another place.

They should change the website and take off the recipes, it is false advertising.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank liztin
Reviewed May 19, 2008

Nice accomodations, a little outdated, however. We had noisy tenants above us which was kind of aggravating. We stayed at the Kemp house which was nice - our room was cozy and the bed was super-comfortable! Plenty of parking and in a great location - within walking distance of everything. I took the hotels website advice and had a phenominal dinner at 208 Talbot! My husband is a chef and he'd concur - excellent dining experience and really nice atmosphere.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple