“A fun and informative trip!”
Review of Sail Selina II

Sail Selina II
Ranked #1 of 5 Tours in St. Michaels
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Sail Selina II Boat Tours sails daily from St Michaels MD from April-Oct. Passengers are limited to just six guests for a personal experience of the history of sail. Built in 1926 during the Great Gatsby era, climb aboard and go back in time when yachtsmen enjoyed the elegance of freshly varnished mahogany and brighlty polished brass. Available on a per person basis or private charter, we offer day sails, Champagne Sunset Cruises, moonlight sails, sailing lessons, wine tasting and beer tasting excursions, romantic sit down table-for-two dinners, small weddings, overnights, engagements, birthdays,& anniversary celebrations. Once we cast off lines we tour the harbor and enjoy the sights that dot the shoreline of this quaint little seafood town. Hear the stories of the historic boats on display at the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museums boat basin, and see where the movie "Wedding Crashers" was filmed. Once we leave the harbor we go out into the Miles River, put up the sails and foloow the wind. Guests are invited to participate or simply sit back and relax. We are here to make your out on the water nautical experience perfect.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed May 17, 2010

My wife and I booked a trip on Selina this past month. Unfortunately due to high winds we couldn't put up the sails (we knew this before set out) but instead we were treated to quite a tour of the harbor and neighboring waterways. Captain Iris was very knowledgeable about the history of St. Michael's, its boats, and estates. Little did we know she is also an amateur astronomer! We were the only 2 people on the boat but even if it were full to its maximum of 6, it still would have been a comfortable enjoyable trip. Overall, a great trip and a fun way to spend a few hours in St. Michael's

2  Thank terp3

Reviewed July 27, 2009

Captain Iris offers a wonderful tour of the Chesapeake Bay area around St. Michaels. Her knowledge of sailing is extensive and she is happy to share her many adventures. The boat she sails belonged to her grandparents and its great to see the obvious pride she has it this beautiful catboat. The wood gleams and you can feel the power of the sails against the wind. We were served champagne on the sunset tour as we watched the boat races on Wednesday night (try to book Wed, the races are every week). If you enjoy being on the water you will not be disappointed by a tour on the Selina II

2  Thank JerseyHollyGirl
Reviewed July 25, 2009

My husband and I joined Captain Iris and first mate, Frank on the Selina II sunset cruise on 7/23/09. We shared the trip with 2 other couples. The cruise was very relaxing and Captain Iris’ personable manner made it informative and very enjoyable. The 2 hours flew by and before we knew it, we had to turn around and return to dry land. One can tell that Captain Iris is very committed to insuring her guest receive excellent accommodations from the pristine workmanship she does on her boat to the care in selecting the perfect beverages. The only thing I wish was a little more up-scale was the hors d'oeuvre, which may have been a little difficult upon a sailboat. All I can say is, sailing on the Selina II was a beautiful way to end our vacation at St. Michaels.

2  Thank CESDELAWARE
Reviewed June 23, 2009

Husband and I sailed at 10 a.m. to celebrate our anniversary. There was one other couple and their son on our sail so it was a nice, small group. Captain Iris was friendly and funny and made the trip very entertaining, lots of interesting stories about the history of St Michaels. Great experience!

2  Thank kj80
Reviewed June 3, 2009

My wife and I celebrated our 40th anniversary aboard the Salina II and had a fabulous day! Captain Iris is delightful. We thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the trip. I strongly recommend sailing aboard the Salina II to anyone looking for a couple of hours of relaxation and great company.
The Salina II is a real piece of art. I marveled over the craftsmanship and natural beauty of the boat. I can't say enough. I loved it.

2  Thank OldNavyDog