“Once is not Enough...”

Sail Selina II
Ranked #1 of 5 Tours in St. Michaels
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Sail Selina II Boat Tours sails daily from St Michaels MD from April-Oct. Passengers are limited to just six guests for a personal experience of the history of sail. Built in 1926 during the Great Gatsby era, climb aboard and go back in time when yachtsmen enjoyed the elegance of freshly varnished mahogany and brighlty polished brass. Available on a per person basis or private charter, we offer day sails, Champagne Sunset Cruises, moonlight sails, sailing lessons, wine tasting and beer tasting excursions, romantic sit down table-for-two dinners, small weddings, overnights, engagements, birthdays,& anniversary celebrations. Once we cast off lines we tour the harbor and enjoy the sights that dot the shoreline of this quaint little seafood town. Hear the stories of the historic boats on display at the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museums boat basin, and see where the movie "Wedding Crashers" was filmed. Once we leave the harbor we go out into the Miles River, put up the sails and foloow the wind. Guests are invited to participate or simply sit back and relax. We are here to make your out on the water nautical experience perfect.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We went out with Capt Iris a couple of years ago and had a magnificent time. This year, we went out two days in a row, a wine-tasting cruise and a Champaign cruise. Both were unbelievable. Capt. Iris is the third generation of her family to own Selina II and she has great stories about her family and the boat. A cruise aboard Salina II is a "must do" when visiting St. Michaels. No vacation there is complete without it.

1  Thank John S
CaptainIris, Owner at Sail Selina II, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

We love our wine tasting cruises because people always seem to have so much fun. With a flight of 3 whites and 3 reds, whats not to love? And taking photos of the labels makes it easy to go to your own wine shop and have them get which ever one was your favorite. And how flattering that you came back out a second day for our champagne cruise. Thank you thank you thank you!

All reviews
"captain iris and first mate"
in 49 reviews
"hour cruise"
"an amazing experience"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed June 14, 2014

We spent the Memorial Day weekend in St. Michaels, MD. It is a lovely historic town. One of our favorite activities was our sail out on the river with Sail Selina II. It was a small group which allowed us personal attention, great conversation and the sail was so peaceful. I would recommend you definitely give this a try.

We are licensed by coast guard for just 6 guests, but even if we could have more, I too like the small group, the personal attention I can give all of our passengers. Thanks for sailing with us!

Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

The champaign cruise was magical! The captain and first mate could not have been nicer or more knowledgable. The scenery was breathtaking. This was the perfect start to our trip, as soon as we were on the water all our stress just melted right away. I can't thank them enough! This will be a part of every trip back.

We are so glad you had a great time! Your comment that all your stress melted away is the number one thing we hear from our guests. Delighted you could sit back and relax, unwind, and slowwwwww downnnnnnnnnnnn. Sea you next year!!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We celebrated my 65th birthday on the Selina ll. My day started out with a blindfold at home, I was told we were going on a mystery trip, the trip from our home is about 1 1/2 hours so I was allowed to take the blind fold off as we traveled. I recognized the area we were in and said are we going to St. Michael's, one of my all time favorite places to visit, much to my surprise we not only visited the lovely historical sea side town but went on a Beautiful Sailboat and met Capt. Iris and 1st mate Frank, who were polite, friendly, capable, informative and just perfect. What a wonderful way to spend a milestone birthday.Relaxing as we glided over the water, we were served drinks and appetizers and shared stories with other guests and listened to Capt. Iris tell stories of water men and local landmarks and historical boats that were in the marinas as we sailed by. We will be going back again and again. I not only thank Capt. Iris and 1st mate Frank for a memorable day but my sweet husband for the lovely surprise.

So glad to have been part of your perfect birthday. We love to share the beauty of the area and the charm of this little eastern shore town. So glad to hear you will be back for more. Thank you!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Do yourself a HUGE favor and book a 2-hour cruise on the Selina II. After my May 2014 cruise, I felt like I'd spent a week at a spa! Capt Iris and her 1st mate were incredibly friendly; low key; and so mellow. They pointed out all the places of interests, like mansions and we even saw a bald eagle. I had forgotten to bring sun tan lotion for my face. NO problem - her 1st mate ran down to get some lotion for me. It was an awesome 2 hour cruise. The only thing that could have been better was a longer cruise. You'd never believe that the rat race most of us are usually in exists when you are out with Capt Iris on her beautiful wooden boat that was owned originally by her grandfather. ENJOY!!

1  Thank Jorie57

Yes we do get to see Bald Eagles from time to time, you were lucky! and yes we have extra hats, sunglasses, sun screen, jackets, blankets, just about everything for guests who forget to bring their own. A full service ship. So glad you got to unwind...... :)