“Private Sunset Cruise simply amazing!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sail Selina II
Ranked #1 of 5 Tours in St. Michaels
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Sail Selina II Boat Tours sails daily from St Michaels MD from April-Oct. Passengers are limited to just six guests for a personal experience of the history of sail. Built in 1926 during the Great Gatsby era, climb aboard and go back in time when yachtsmen enjoyed the elegance of freshly varnished mahogany and brighlty polished brass. Available on a per person basis or private charter, we offer day sails, Champagne Sunset Cruises, moonlight sails, sailing lessons, wine tasting and beer tasting excursions, romantic sit down table-for-two dinners, small weddings, overnights, engagements, birthdays,& anniversary celebrations. Once we cast off lines we tour the harbor and enjoy the sights that dot the shoreline of this quaint little seafood town. Hear the stories of the historic boats on display at the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museums boat basin, and see where the movie "Wedding Crashers" was filmed. Once we leave the harbor we go out into the Miles River, put up the sails and foloow the wind. Guests are invited to participate or simply sit back and relax. We are here to make your out on the water nautical experience perfect.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Private Sunset Cruise simply amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I took my girlfriend now fiance on a private sunset cruise recently and the experience was simply amazing! The boat is gorgeous and the views are amazing. The sunset over the water and the moon rising with the stars slowly revealing themselves to us one by one was a life experience! There were even some t-storms far off in the distance that lit the sky up! Capt. Iris is simply amazing and does a great job with providing an invaluable exp. Her and Frank let you set the tone of your sail (whether you want to talk alot or not and just take in the views and peacefulness of sailing) We are already looking forward to coming back soon! The champagne just added to the romanticness as well!

CaptainIris, Owner at Sail Selina II, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
It was truly a beautiful evening on the water, not just because mother nature put on a great show, but because of the energy & enthusiasm you brought on board as well. It was obvious to us you were head over heals for your now fiance, congratulations on your engagement! Yes please do come share another sail with us sometime, you guys were great to have aboard. - Capt Iris

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A must-do for any St. Michaels visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

When in Rome, you must do as the Romans do, and when in St. Michaels, you should arrange for a cruise on the Selina II.

Captain Iris and her First Mate Frank are delightful and charming hosts. The boat is a dream. And out on the water you'll secretly hope that you never return to shore.

We booked a sunset champagne sail and shared the trip with two other couples. The weather was perfect, but it was the atmosphere on the Selina II and our hosts that made the trip truly wonderful. I couldn't recommend this experience more.

Visited May 2013
CaptainIris, Owner at Sail Selina II, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
We sometimes wish we didnt have to come back in either, its simply delightful to be out on a sailboat on the Chesapeake Bay. As to the atmosphere aboard the boat? It is as much what you bring to the experience as it is what we do, thanks for helping to create a wonderful evening. -Capt Iris
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, United States
“AWESOME SAIL! Don't miss this one!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Awesome sail! Cool boat!!

Really enjoyed the small group ( 2 other couples, Capt Iris and 1st Mate Frank) Felt like we were sailing with great friends.

Capt Iris did a great job sharing info on the area and telling the story of the boat.

Highly recommend this sail!

CaptainIris, Owner at Sail Selina II, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
People comment that I am passionate about my grandfather's yacht, I guess its true because it sure is easy to tell her story, pretty neat that this boat has been in my family since she was built. Glad you had a nice time, hope to sail with you again sometime! - Capt Iris
“Great Romantic Birthday Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

My boyfriend took me out on the Sail Selina II and it was an amazing experience. The history from the Capt. Iris and first mate was great. It was the best way to watch a sunset with the man I love. The Sail Selina is beautiful!

CaptainIris, Owner at Sail Selina II, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
We love being the LOVE boat, always so romantic and I'm glad it was for you, too. We'll look forward to having you aboard again sometime! - Capt Iris
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Sunset Sail for Birthday Celebration”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I chose the 7:30pm sunset champagne sail for my girlfriend's birthday celebration. Capt Iris and 1st Mate Frank were absolutely wonderful. From the very beginning you feel that it's going to be a great time with fun folks. There were two other couples; however, it still felt intimate and everyone was incredibly friendly. Capt Iris and Frank create an atmosphere that is enjoyable and personal. I was impressed by their detailed understanding of the watercraft and it's history. Even on a cloudy day, Capt Iris was able to put it in the right spot to see a beautiful sunset. I highly recommend going for a sail with the crew of Sail Selina II.

CaptainIris, Owner at Sail Selina II, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
We enjoyed having you aboard, and I'm glad we were able to eek out a beautiful sunset on a cloudy evening, but truly the experience one has on any cruise is the joy you have in your heart. I noticed you gave us a 4 star review, what can we do to make it five star next time?