“Find another B&B in St. Michaels” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Two Swan Inn

Two Swan Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Michaels
Two Swan Inn
You added Two Swan Inn to your Saves list
Ranked #13 of 14 St. Michaels B&B and Inns
Alexandria, VA
“Find another B&B in St. Michaels”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

Cathy is the owner and is very wonderful and overlly helpful, it's the rest of it that wasn't good about the weekend trip to St. Michaels. Two Swan Inn is literally on the water (the main house), sharing water front with boaters, so you constantly have people trapsing all over the yard and it is hard to find parking due to them. No one actually lives at the main house (which is kept locked), so you have to call Cathy and she bikes up within a few minutes. The house is beautiful, very old. The downfall, there were spiders everywhere you looked. I killed three in the bathroom one night and more were back the next night. There was a dead one on the floor in the living room, I stupidly bent down to look at it and discovered much larger ones under one of the chairs and a massive nest.

There is no central air, but an A/C window unit is in each room. We stayed in the Longfellows room, it does has a private bath, but you have to walk a few feet in the hallway to get to it... beware, there are two steps down! I almost fell the first time walking in it. The room was rather large with a king size bed. The bed wasn't very comfortable, on the left side, it's slanted down. The location is great, you can walk everywhere. But, the town isn't too big, so you can pretty much walk everywhere no matter where you are staying.

The most important thing, this isn't a Bed and Breakfast, it's a Bed and Bath! For some reason, we still got charged $200 a night. I wish we would've stayed in a hotel.

FYI, breakfast at Key Lime Cafe was amazing!!! The wine at St. Michaels Winery wasn't anything spectacular. I've read reviews of the Chocolate Zin being amazing, and I couldn't even finish my taste, I had to pour it out. I tried almost all the wines they offer and found only a few worth the time to taste them. The brewery was fun, but no A/C (very hot/humid day!) and out of the five beers tasted, I really enjoyed the first one (forgot the name, sorry). We mainly traveled through the antique shops, which some great purchases were made! Highly recommend the Selina II sailboat tour, Captain Iris is amazing!!! We did the sunset cruise and it was phenomenal. Well worth the money ($195 for two, without tip).

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
8 Thank Syrup15

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2008

I stayed at the Two Swan Inn for a nice, relaxing weekend away from the city. The Two Swan Inn was a perfect choice. Located right on the water, we lounged in the "front yard" that overlooked the harbor -- sitting in comfy Adirondack chairs or a hammock. The Inn was a short work to the main drag of shops, and a short walk to the Maritime museum and Crab Claw. They normally require a two-night stay. But we booked very last minute, and they were able to waive that requirement. The room was incredibly clean and well appointed - just what you'd expect at a Chesapeake B&B. My only complaint was the breakfast (and it's not a real complaint at all). It was a tasty continental-style breakfast served outside by the water, which was lovely. But I hear other B&Bs in the area offer a more comprehensive breakfast for the same price. But don't let that stop you from staying here. It's a great find for a great weekend away.

• Liked — The location and the rooms can't be beat. Lovely, lovely stay.
  • Disliked — No real complaints.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple