“The best part of the inn was Aida”

Aida's Victoriana Inn
Ranked #6 of 13 St. Michaels B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Any problems we had with the inn were overshadowed by the delightful Aida.
A coat of fresh paint throughout would be nice, as would some reading light in the bed.
Breakfast was perfect with any individual preferences noted.
We never did get wine as others did, but we bought our own.
I can't stress enough how accommodating the owners were, but in all honesty, a little paint would improve appearances.
I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank hisim
There are newer reviews for Aida's Victoriana Inn

Reviewed September 25, 2013

What a great location for a bed and breakfast inn! Just planning the stay with Aida, the owner, was fun--she found a dear friend to pick me up at the airport. Everything seemed special from the beginning of my contact with Aida. The room was big, the bathroom was small. Everything was spotless!
I loved getting up early and looking out of my window at the boats nestled into the marina and the ducks on the lawn. The sun was coming up! Aida was in the kitchen. Each morning the breakfasts were superb! She could teach Martha Stewart a few of her specials. Only two blocks from town made an evening walk to the local restaurants a pleasure. I can't wait to go back. I forgot to ask Aida if I could bring Irene, my retired service dog.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed at the Victoriana Inn for our 10 year anniversary. It was our 2nd time staying the 1st being our 5 Year anniversary. We arrived with a wonderful greeting from the owner Aida and was shown to our amazing room with a great comfortable bed. We shared a welcome glass of wine with the oher guests at the Inn. This Inn is very layed back which is what we needed since we both work very demanding jobs. We sat out on the porch and enjoyed the views of the water and was able to walk everyone due to the Inn being in the center of town. I would stay her again and again. Thank you for making our anniversary another to remember.

Amy & Troy Tanner

Room Tip: We stayed in an upstairs room, it was wonderful.
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is located on a canal off the waterfront within walking distance to downtown and restaurants. Great front and back porch with an additional sitting area in the water. Nicely furnished and clean. Interesting antiques and great history. Laid back. I liked that breakfast was tailored to our schedule. We had a. Window of time where we could eat when we wanted. Coffee available early. The upstairs rooms were dark with only one window so we really had no view of the water. Maybe it was a bad day for Aida. She was nice but not very attentive or engaging. Mostly left to sort things out on our own.

Room Tip: One downstairs room overlooks water with a private deck. Upstairs rooms only have one window. Anot...
1  Thank DorisP52
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Overall, my wife and I were a bit disappointed but not totally displeased with this B&B...

The good news... the porch and it's view of the harbour is a delightful place to meet up with other guests in the evening for conversation. The house is well decorated - I was fascinated with the Victorian couch in the hallway. The hostess - Aida - went out of her way to welcome and provide for us. The place is well located for an easy 2 block walk to the main throughfare for shopping or eating.

Our biggest problem was the bed, which was lumpy and saggy and made for uncomfortable sleeping. There were also a couple of problems in the bathroom, where a shortage of shelf space had us putting the shaving kit on the floor. In addition, both the towel rack and the toilet roll holder were threatening to come out of the wall. I had a problem with the shower/bath, which was very narrow and did not give me much confidence when I was turning in it that I wouldn't fall out.

My wife was not very pleased with the breakfast as, while it was made to order, did not offer much variety. I did not have a problem with that at all.

Overall, the place, both inside and outside, had a little shabbiness about it but still presented itself as a once grand Victorian house.

2  Thank yarwak1
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Great location to all attractions, we walked to the piers, did a ride on Selina II , if staying as for the room with the deck view, it rocked and was renamed King Trout Room. Owner was gracious and staff tentative and does a great job keeping the place quiet. Would return again.

Room Tip: Corner suite has a private deck.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had a great time at the inn – the amenities were good, there were always wine, cookies and drinks available, and Aida was very warm and welcoming. The location is the best in town! The only two minor negative comments: our room was done in 5 minutes max each morning, so it was not well cleaned and some outside parts of the inn need repair. For instance, the back door, the porch, etc. The Inn has an impressive DVD collection and a DVD player in each room :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family